NBC Universal Technical Product Director, Analytics Center of Excellence in New York, New York
Job Number 39687BR
Job Title Technical Product Director, Analytics Center of Excellence
Business Segment Operations & Technology
Posting Category Technology/Engineering
About Us At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Country United States
State New York
City New York
Education & Certifications
• Undergraduate degree in the field of computer science/engineering, mathematics, economics, or other related field
Required Knowledge & Experience
• At least five (5) to ten or more (10+) years of software development experience, as a product or portfolio manager in a business-facing analytical role and proven track record of related success
• Two (2) to five or more (5+) years of experience with digital marketing and advertising technologies, including CRM, DMP, CDP, etc.
• Working knowledge of the current landscape of technical solutions for data environments, advanced analytics, BI/reporting/visualizations, marketing automation, and digital media solutions.
• Experience in one or more of the following domains: media/entertainment, consumer focused interactive solutions, and/or related consulting with demonstrated business acumen and the ability to apply technology solutions to solve business problems
• Ability to assess disparate technologies, data flows, and business processes and clearly communicate them to executives and execution team
• Ability to work effectively with cross-functional business and technical teams.
• Understanding of agile principles and best practices including Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.
• Ability to speak and present to high-level executives on status of products as well as get in the weeds with product owners and development team driving day-to-day execution
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must be willing to travel to Los Angeles, CA on an as needed basis
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
• The ability to quickly build rapport and gain the respect and cooperation of both technology and business leaders while being incessantly customer-focused
• Leadership style focused on creating collaborative teams and empowering team members to think critically and speak openly on products they are working on
• Be able to deal with ambiguity and make quality decisions in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Action-oriented and driven to achieve results in a positive manner, displaying ethical behavior, integrity, and building trust at all times
• A “player-coach” who inspires and motivates high levels of performance in others but who can be hands-on when the situation demands it.
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels and thrive in a cross-functional matrix environment
• Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical addressees
• Continually improves upon weaknesses while maintaining and utilizing strengths to reach goals
• Able to work independently, plan workloads and deliver on commitments
• Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
• Personally driven to utilize both proven and unique solutions to address business problems until issue is resolved
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.