NYU Hospitals Center Senior Ultrasound Technician - Non Invasive Lab/Vascular in New York, New York
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children’s hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute¿designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Senior Ultrasound Technician.
In this role, the successful candidate Position Summary:Responsible for performing diagnostic sonographic examinations utilizing ultrasonic equipment in various modes and techniques to locate, evaluate and record pertinent anatomical, pathological and functional data. Operates ultrasound equipment to make quality images; performs studies in required modalities. Provides training, guidance to Ultrasound Technology students.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Directs and monitors student clinical training. Observes the student during clinical training guide them to perform good ultrasound procedures. Conveys information to students to increase their level of understanding. Evaluates the students progress in clinical areas. Monitors the work performed by students under their supervision.
- Demonstrates skill in equipment set-up, utilization and proper maintenance procedure. Performs visual and manual quality control checks of radiograhic equipment. Uses imaging and peripheral equipment, in a safe and productive manner in accordance with prescribed hospital, departmental and manufacturers procedures. Observes and reports any malfunctioning of the equipment and notifies appropriate persons in case of missing or damaged equipment.
- Independently implements patient procedures in accordance with departmental protocols and standards. Explains the procedure and equipment to the patient clearly. Solves problems that arise during patient examinations using both technical knowledge and innovation. Alters examination to maximize information in response to patients condition. Confers with other technologists concerning previous approaches utilized.
- Follows accepted radiologic procedures and uses medical information to determine type of protocol required for radiographic examination. Consults policy and procedure manuals and/or other reference materials as necessary to ensure actions conform to established protocols. Follows special instructions indicated on radiographic requisition. Recognizes need for and follows isolation precautions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the hospital and radiology information systems as they relate to radiology. Selects appropriate patient information from HIS/RIS system in accordance with HIPPA regulations. Accesses patient information; schedules exams, appointment times, type of exam, patient reports, etc. Follows departmental HIS/RIS system procedures and protocol to ensure orders are verified and processed to correctly. Effectively assesses patients information and status, and follows appropriate procedure(s) accordingly. Uses standard procedures to identify the correct patient. Reviews patients requisition and understands the type of exam required by each requisition and confers with medical staff regarding clarification when necessary.
To qualify you must have a Minimum Qualifications:Certificate from an approved ultrasound/vascular technology education program. Registered as American Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer. Five years ultrasound experience.
Preferred Qualifications:Registered as American Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer. Registered Vascular Technologist.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.