Medidata Solutions, Inc. Senior Labor & Employment Counsel in New York, New York
Medidata Solutions Careers
Senior Labor & Employment Counsel
New York, New York
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech companies, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com .
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in the U.S., Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
• Advise on all aspects of labor and employment regulations, policies and practices, with an emphasis on New York, New Jersey and California law. Identify issues that require analysis and attention in other jurisdictions, including outside the United States.
• Draft, review and implement employment-related policies and procedures. Create and update employee agreement templates.
• Counsel on issues relating to employee recruiting, including non-competition obligations, non-solicitation obligations, and other restrictive covenants.
• Develop and update compliance policies and programs, with respect to both labor and employment matters (e.g., anti-harassment; anti-discrimination), and more general compliance matters (e.g., anti-corruption; business conduct and ethics).
• Handle employment-related litigation, arbitration and mediation matters, as well as internal investigations. When necessary, coordinate with outside counsel on such matters.
• Coordinate with Medidata’s data privacy specialists to advise on privacy/data protection questions as they relate to labor and employment matters.
• Deep, substantive knowledge of labor and employment law and its practical application.
• High level of professionalism, strong communication skills, and outstanding judgment.
• Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues from across the company.
• Creativity, flexibility, and willingness to consider different viewpoints.
• Ability to manage independently multiple matters under tight deadlines.
• Ability to travel (10%).
• Experience supporting the Human Resources function and hiring managers.
• Excellent academic credentials.
• Experience working with software or technology companies.
• Privacy/data protection experience.
Your Education & Experience:
• A minimum of 7 years of labor and employment law experience, including litigation, investigations and counseling.
• Experience developing and implementing compliance and ethics policies and programs.
• In-house experience preferred, but not required.
• J.D. and admission to the New York Bar.
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.