Fountain House, Inc. P/T Security - Amsterdam Residence in New York, New York
Position: P/T Security - Amsterdam Residence
Reports To: Residence Coordinator
• Ensure safety of residence building, by conducting timely rounds, ensuring doors and windows are properly locked and alarm system is functional and armed.
• Engage and work alongside members, as it pertains to the functions of Security at Fountain House.
• Active participation in the maintenance and cleanliness of the residence, including cleaning of stairs, buffing of floors, etc.
• Ability to work on a rotational basis, including covering shifts when necessary.
• Customer service focus when answering the telephone. Able to take messages properly and transfer calls accordingly.
• Ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
• Other duties; as required.
Other Requirements or Preferred Characteristics:
• Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
• Familiarity of mental illness.
• Must be able to work the following schedule (NO EXCEPTIONS):
Saturday: 2PM - 11PM & Sunday: 2PM - 12AM
• Must be willing to travel to the Upper West Side.
• Positive, energetic, dynamic and engaging personality.
• Flexibility, as demonstrated by interchangeability with other staff in the House, staying late or arriving early, if necessary.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Team approach.
• Bilingual a plus.
Hourly Rate: $13.00