Nature America, Inc Product Manager in New York, New York
Springer Nature is one of the worlds leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13, 000 staff in over 50 countries.
SpringerMaterials (https: //materials.springer.com) is a research solution directed towards scientists in the fields of chemistry, physics, materials science, and related fields. It helps researchers to identify materials properties and has become an indispensable tool for academic institutions and corporations across the globe. To maximize our revenue growth we are currently seeking a scientist (chemist, materials scientist) who serves as a Product Manager.
Position Summary and General Description:
The Product Manager in the exciting fields of materials science and nanotechnology is part of the Database Research Group (DRG). He/she will identify business opportunities and assist sales representatives during their negotiations with corporate and academic customers. In his/her role, the candidate acts as the subject matter expert and will explain the product(s), the science behind, its features and its content to librarians, faculty members, researchers, graduate students, and other stakeholders. Specific areas of responsibility include product trainings, scientific support to product development, second-level customer and scientist support, web-based client interactions and content marketing. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to take part in product development, market research and marketing activities to ensure the business success of SpringerMaterials. He/she will report to the Director of Product Management and will also support other database products within the DRG portfolio. He/she is required to be flexible, co-operative and professional to meet the changing needs during the course of product life cycle.
- Guide and assist database sales by providing the sales teams with necessary technical knowledge and support. Provide (scientific) input for sales pitches.
- Build a strong internal and external network, act as a product ambassador to promote sales and raise acceptance of the product.
- Implement and coordinate all necessary product trainings (webinars or in-person) for customers as well as the sales and marketing teams. Communicate all product upgrades, feature changes and content updates in a timely and efficient manner.
- Determine sales/marketing strategies and activities in close collaboration with sales/marketing colleagues. Coordinate with colleagues to promote the product(s) at conferences and meetings.
- Employ your scientific background to interact with researchers and end users to create awareness of and interest in Springer Nature database products on a large scale and in small focus groups.
- Maintain financial performance of the assigned product(s) as defined by corporate goals and objectives. Recommend changes to the pricing models and pricing grids based on the understanding of the target market(s) as needed. Resolve licensing conflicts.
- Act as the source of expertise for all product related enquiries. Develop standard troubleshooting workflows for general helpdesk questions.
- Gather, monitor and analyze customer feedback.
- Represent other database products during sales pitches, conferences, etc. in close coordination with colleagues in APAC, EMEA, and the Americas.
- Act as the liaison between marketing teams, sales forces, development departments and end users.
- Design and conduct research on competing products. Prepare SWOT and competitive analysis reports for the assigned database product(s) and regularly update them.
- Engage the scientific community through personal interactions and social media with the end goal of showing that Springer Nature products can facilitate their research.
- Identify new market segments as well as new database products that might serve as valuable add-ons to the Springer Nature portfolio.
- Guide and assist product development by providing development departments with scientific knowledge and support.
- University education (ideally Ph.D.) in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science or related fields
- Experience with publishing scientific research
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent social skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Self-motivated and strictly business-minded
- Enjoys travelling
- Fluent in English. Proficient in Spanish and/or Portuguese is a plus.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD& D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours.
Springer Nature isan Equal Opportunity Employer that complieswith the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is
The Law Poster:
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO