Physician Affiliate Groupof New York, PC Physician Assistant - Medicine/Renal in New York, New York
|Physician Assistant - Medicine/Renal|
|Hospital||NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi|
In partnership with NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi our teams accommodate more than 325,000 outpatient visits, more than 100,000 emergency room visits and more than 20,000 inpatient admissions annually. NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi is renowned for The Trauma Center, staffed to treat any traumatic injury or illness, the fully accredited Breast Health Center, and The Burn Center, with more than 40 years of work in burn care. The hospital also serves patients of many other needs. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with Albert Einstein Medical College of Yeshiva University.
The candidate will, under the supervision of the Director of Services and the Attending Physicians, performs diagnostic and therapeutic tasks to provide comprehensive patient care for patients with chronic kidney disease and EDRD.
- Elicits and performs a detailed and accurate history and performs an appropriate physical examination.
- Develops treatment plans in conjunction with Attending Physician to provide optimal patient medical management.
- Order laboratory tests, x-rays, special imaging studies and other diagnostic procedures as per attending recommendation.
- Observes and records pertinent progress of patients, updating and summarizing charts, writing orders and progress notes and notifying Attending Physician of changes in patient's condition on a daily basis and when appropriate.
- Performs BLS and ACLS procedures in the presence of life threatening situations such as cardiac/and or respiratory distress when an Attending Physician is unavailable and with Physician when appropriate.
- Participates in continuing medical education, team conferences and lectures for the service.
- Manages interdisciplinary teams for patients and provides education to patients.
- Provide assistance with dialysis access management.
- Ordering pre-procedure laboratory tests when needed.
- Handle and process biopsy and other specimens as needed.
- Obtain Prior Authorizations and medication refills.
- Arranging clinic appointments, referrals for vascular access creation.
- Take overnight and weekend call as per schedule.
- Other duties as assigned by Chief of Service.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the Privacy and Security rules outlined in the HIPAA guidelines.
- Successfully completes the mandatory three day Health + Hospitals orientation.
- Adheres and conforms to all hospital and departmental guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Current New York State license and registration as a Physician Assistant.
- Graduation and accreditation from a 2 year Physician's Assistant program.
*Nephrology Specialty Exam and Nephrology experience is a plus!
PAGNY provides equal opportunity in employment. WE recruit, select, train and promote the most qualified individuals. No person will be discriminated against in employment because of race, natural origin, citizenship, military status, creed, color, sex, religious beliefs, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or protected characteristics under the law.