Yeshiva University Manager, Interactive Services in New York, New York
|Manager, Interactive Services|
|Department||Communications and Public Affairs - Manhattan|
|Position Type||Regular Full-Time|
|Campus : Location||US-NY-Wilf-Amsterdam Ave & 185th St|
Founded in 1886, (YU) has a strong tradition of combining Jewish scholarship with academic excellence and achievement in the liberal arts, sciences, medicine, law, business, social work, Jewish studies, education, psychology, and more.
We are a leading global educational institution that employs over 6,000 people across our various campus locations -- Wilf Campus, Beren Campus, Brookdale Center, Resnick Campus in the Bronx, the Gruss Institute in Jerusalem, the Boys High School in Manhattan and the Girls High School in Queens. From the distinguished faculty who teach here, to the dedicated staff, we work to fulfill our mission: to “bring wisdom to life” through all that we teach, by all that we do and for all those we serve. We seek to attract and retain engaged and committed individuals who contribute to an exciting working environment, where there is a sense of community and belonging, balanced with a significant cross section of people from diverse backgrounds working and studying together.
The University offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans, including immediate participation in the University’s retirement plan. Staff members are typically eligible for four weeks paid vacation each year and a shuttle to nearby subway locations.
The Manager, Interactive Services reports to the Director of Advertising and Interactive Media in the Office of Communications and Public Affairs (CPA) and will also interact closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications. The individual will support the University’s digital needs for all marketing and communications functions. The areas of responsibility for this role range from designing, building, testing and launching new web pages and site sections in Drupal through implementing required backend applications to overseeing client assistance requests, training of content managers, and supporting Web-based advertising initiatives. Manager will also support the strategic marketing efforts in the U.S. and Israel; build awareness and recognition of the University to key constituencies as a leading academic institution with a unique positioning. S/he will work with the communications team and content managers to achieve the timely distribution of the University’s message with a unified voice and accurately represent YU’s mission and strategic goals.
The Manager will have an important role in helping to ensure the external communication vehicles of the University are accurate, timely, informative and compelling; the position helps to educate YU’s stakeholders, and promotes its people, programs and reputation. S/he will interact with all sectors of the University including the president’s office, provost, student life, Institutional Advancement, Legal and counterparts at all the undergraduate and graduate schools.
- Assist the Director of Advertising and Interactive Media, as well as the Director of Marketing and Communications, and Creative Director, to develop and deploy program, school and university-wide campaigns to raise YU’s brand awareness, increase enrollment, increase donations, and increase community engagement across multiple platforms. This includes but not limited to: advertising, e-mail marketing, sponsorships, digital media, SEO, SEM, social media, print materials, and special events
- Help coordinate a university-wide marketing calendar and manage all components of campaign development, implementation and measurement
- Helps set organizational Web strategy in coordination with Director; provide technical liaison with outside Web developers and agencies; define Web site architecture and overall site structure; and oversee Web development projects
- Coordinates inflow of all Web team projects; formulates process with Director for their prioritization
- Develops and communicates website content management procedures for all users; performs periodic website audits; monitors and reports on website traffic and performance via Google Analytics and other tools
- Provides and develops training protocols, technical support, video tutorials and website documentation for 100+ users among university staff and administration to maintain the Yeshiva University website using the Drupal CMS
- Manages user rights permissions across the Content Management System for all departments, Graduate, Undergraduate, general office staff and faculty
- Works with team members and administration to identify, recommend, and prioritize new Web features and applications; diagnoses and troubleshoots problems with existing Web applications and sites
- Oversees and determines a calendar for the homepage carousel; reviews and approves URL redirect requests; and supervises roll-out of new blog content and features
- Manage Blog server maintenance and security patches and departmental file share system.
- Provide web form management on the Wufoo platform
- Implementation of tracking software and code on University website for ad campaigns and analytics
- Maintain suite of web resources including University Terms and Conditions, Photo Archive server, Library search functionality, self-serve support video catalog, Blog to Homepage feed integration, Emergency website maintenance, FAQ section, and coming soon features for University website
- Write and curate bi-monthly content manager newsletter
- Support CPA efforts in developing and maintaining the university’s intranet
Education & Experience
- Must possess a bachelor's degree and at least 3-4 years of experience in a similar position, preferably in education
- Experienced with SEO, SEM, digital monitoring and measurement
- Current hands-on knowledge of Drupal content management system required (Drupal 8 preferred)
Skills & Competencies
- Strong understanding of internet and intranet best practices
- Knowledge of agency management and budgeting
- Strong knowledge of Web technologies, protocols, and tools including HTML, networking, VPN, TCP/IP, DHCP, data recovery, backup and redundancy solutions
- Experience with support ticket queue management
- Experience with software and hardware installation and configuration
- Strong interpersonal/human relations and customer service skills
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting/ problem-solving and project management skills
- Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Adept at social media with excellent judgment in online engagement
- Familiarity with higher education
- Experience in digital photography/videography a plus
Yeshiva University is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.