Sirius Computer Solutions Managed Services Solutions Sales Specialist in New York, New York
Requisition Number 18-0129
Title Managed Services Solutions Sales Specialist
City New York
Description You’ve worked hard to get to where you are and want to work alongside people who’ve done the same. You’re looking to be challenged and to grow professionally, and you want to be valued and recognized for your contributions. Sirius Computer Solutions agrees.
As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Cisco, Citrix, CommVault, Dell, EMC, Hitachi, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
To meet the needs created by our strategic growth, we are adding a Managed Services Sales Specialist to our team.
The primary purpose of this position is to lead the sales efforts in selling Sirius Managed Services to the client in the attainment of revenue, expense, profit, and client satisfaction objectives. This position is responsible for identifying all business opportunities within the brand unit and partnering with client executives, engineers, other Sirius team members and alliance partners to sell and deliver complete solutions, and satisfy client expectations.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities are intended to be representative of the work performed by the incumbent(s) in this position and are not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will NOT preclude it from the position.
• Applies expert knowledge of information technology and associated leading edge solutions and strategies related to the client’s business to attain business unit, country/area or international objectives. Develops accordingly a long-term business relationship with the client’s executive management key decision-makers providing total solutions to the client business needs.
• Identifies opportunities and develops a Sirius managed service solution. Manages and monitors many opportunities through their sales cycles and tracks them through a forecasting process. Works with pre-sales solution architects and managers to ensure that appropriate quantity and quality of technical and services resources are deployed and the solution can be delivered profitably and successfully.
• Plans and conducts complex contract negotiations between Sirius and client which results in appropriate and often long-term agreements and commitments.
• Anticipates future client problems in account planning, industry and information technology trends and develops realistic visions and strategies based on client strategic direction.
• Participates in industry and business related organizations, societies, conferences and other client-related activities to maintain professional credibility and leadership. Leads by example and demonstrates the highest level of teamwork and professional qualities in all activities to enhance Sirius’ position in the marketplace
• Retains ultimate responsibility for high customer satisfaction.
• Forecasts tactical and strategic business opportunities.
• May perform other related duties as required and assigned to grow the Sirius Managed Services business.
• All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
Requirements Basic Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field
• At least two (2) years experience leveraging partner resources throughout the sales cycle
Other Position Requirements
• Demonstrated skills in financial analysis of a deal
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate with our internal delivery teams to develop and architect a solution to meet the requirements of client's business/web based requirements
• Strengths include problem solving, customer service, negotiation, and follow-up skills
• Strong presentation and communication skills across all levels of an organization both internally and externally with clients and partnership.
Other Preferred Qualifications
• At least five (5+) years experience selling managed services, cloud based services or outsourcing solutions with a successfully track record.
• Experience with positioning and selling colocation and public cloud services.
This position exists to sell Sirius Managed Services to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
Sirius is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages diversity in the workplace.