Columbia Property Trust Front Office Coordinator in New York, New York
The company is a commercial real estate firm specializing in the ownership and management of office buildings in major U.S. markets with a unique focus on the tenant experience. The Front Office Administrator role will represent the company as the first point of contact for all tenants, guests and vendors of the New York executive office. The position is more dynamic than the traditional reception/administrative role and incorporates a wide range of responsibilities spanning administrative, operations and tenant relations functions. The ideal applicant must be “on the ball”, should be open to a career path in commercial property management and should be poised to take on responsibility in addition to their core duties. The applicant must have excellent organizational skills with a demonstrated track record for effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles.
The everyday responsibilities of the position require coordination of all front desk activity, including greeting guests and vendors, answering/routing phone calls and demonstrating courtesy and tact when dealing with internal and external contacts - requiring that the applicant have excellent verbal and written communication skills. The applicant will provide primary administrative support to the New York Vice President and Associate, and will also support the CEO as needed. The applicant will also assist with additional office, facilities and routine clerical work as assigned by other groups/departments within the company.
The applicant should a have general interest in commercial property management as the position requires coordination and oversight of the company’s New York executive office and, at times, will support the regional management of the company’s other New York City office properties. The applicant will interact with tenants and vendors on a regular basis and will serve as liaison between tenants, the property management team, service providers, as well as the engineering and security staff.
• Ideal candidate will be a resourceful self-starter with the ability to take initiative and see issues through to satisfactory completion and resolution
• Must be self-disciplined and highly organized with the ability to multi-task and work independently in a changing work environment
• Must have strong work ethic, dependability, team-orientation, and be highly accountable and responsible. Must have excellent administrative and time management skills.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint with an aptitude for quickly learning other software applications as needed
• 2 years of administrative experience, completion of college course work, and a demonstrated interest in property management preferred
• Open management office for business on daily basis and provide administrative support as needed
• Work closely and effectively with Management to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately
• Provide coverage to reception desk: answer and route calls, greets guests, coordinate with FedEx/UPS to send and receive packages, sort and distribute mail
• Develop and maintain filing system for general office, vendor and contract files as applicable: maintain office vendor list for regular supplies and maintain a company contact list for distribution as needed
• Assist with office/facility requests and needs:
o Coordinate/order and restock office and pantry supplies
o Assist with meeting setup and cleanup ensuring all meeting rooms are clean and orderly, and ensuring the same for office pantry
o Provide notary duties for the office
• Evaluate office equipment leases and coordinate maintenance and timely repair
• Assist with accounts payable process by entering and routing all invoices, submitting expense reports and communicating with vendors
• Arrange detailed travel plans, itineraries, accommodations and agendas - handling travel and meeting changes/cancellations quickly on demand
Tenant Services & Operations:
• Serve as primary executive office liaison and first point of contact for tenants, property management team, engineering and security staff, and vendors, etc.
o Will often serve as key contact for other offices and will interact frequently with local property management team, facilitating teamwork and collaboration
• Assist with tenant requests and track resolution
• Coordinate with building concierge on email notices for tenant events (tenant appreciation and holiday events, etc.) and welcoming new tenants to the building
• Collaborate with peers in other offices to establish and follow best practices
• Consider pursuing Real Property Administrator (RPA) designation in the future
• Build and maintain strong relationships with day-to-day tenant contacts and associated vendors
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.