American Express Director - Liquidity Risk Management, Treasury in New York, New York
This role is responsible for the execution of Liquidity Coverage Ratio (LCR) calculation and reporting as well as Liquidity Stress Testing (LST), which are key components of AXP’s liquidity risk management process. The director will lead a team in calculating and validating the LCR calculations on a daily basis, working closely with other areas within Global Treasury including Funding and Treasury Operations as well as Technologies to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and transparency. The role will also provide analytical support to key funding planning and capital market decisions of the company. He / She will lead initiatives to drive effective liquidity management and efficient funding strategies for the Company. He / She will develop and enhance liquidity risk analyses to be clear and effective communication vehicles to the senior management, board committees and regulators. Essential functions include:
- Lead the LCR team in producing the daily reporting package, validate the results, and analyze/explain/communicate material changes/trends to various stakeholders including regulators.
- Oversee the execution of monthly Liquidity Stress Testing process for BHC and the banking subsidiaries and prepare communication packages to senior leaders and committees.
- Support leaders in provide subject matter expertise to further develop AXP’s liquidity strategies and capabilities.
- Review new regulatory guidance/requirements and implement relevant reporting/disclosure if needed, by working closely with Technologies and source systems/data providers.
Work with the second line and third line functions to support the independent review process and enhance current process if required.
Knowledge of economic principles, financial theory and concepts and understanding of various financial management principles e.g., liquidity, market risk, asset / liability management, capital structure and capital adequacy
- A strong understanding of the balance sheet and familiarity with risk management principles.
- Excellent analytical abilities, and formulate, organize and present findings clearly and in a compelling manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate appropriately and comfortably with all levels of management across the company, as well as regulators.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter and a quick learner who can lead initiatives to deliver solutions to treasury management issues, often dealing with ambiguous and changing conditions.
- Proven record of leading a dynamic team to deliver results.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities effectively. Experience in implementing and managing complex processes preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel required; background in VBA a plus.
- Experience in the LCR standards strongly preferred. Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Title: Director - Liquidity Risk Management, Treasury
Location: New York-New York
Requisition ID: 18003467