New York Life Insurance Co Business Analyst in New York, New York
New York Life Insurance Company (New York Life or the company) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Lifes surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moodys Aaa; Standard & Poors AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity--the values upon which New York Life was founded--have guided the companys decisions and actions for over 170 years.
The role of the DATA GOVERNANCE BUSINESS ANALYST is to provide the analytical and technical support required to advance the objectives of the enterprise data governance program including but not limited to promoting data policies and standards, enabling automation of data management workflows, measuring data quality and managing metadata, and enhancing the effectiveness of the growing network of federated business data owners and enterprise data stewards. Responsibilities include the capture and synthesis of business requirements to manage data, the conceptual design of future state concept of operations, the framing and authoring of policy standards to promote appropriate uses of data, the configuration and expert level assistance and training of relevant tools and technologies, and the establishment and evolution of various communities of practice facilitating communication and coordination across domains, departments, geographies and functional areas. Success in the role will be measured by the degree to which data governance capabilities are consistenly adopted by business colleagues throughout New York Life and leveraged to derive positive business outcones.
* Perform as a member if the Enterprise Data Governance Office team, with a concentration on the advancement of the data governance and stewardship program across New York Life business areas
* Document, assess, influence and synthesize business requirements to develop,enable and advance data governance and stewardship capabilities
* Design and own future state concept of operations through the development of business process models and data flow diagrams to ensure data is captured up front to meet business data quality goals
* Be the expert in the use of, configure, and provide training on data governance technologies with a concentration on Master Data Management, Data Quality Management, and Metadata Management
* Interface with Risk Management to understand and influence how the Data Governace Program priorites need to adjust to support compliance with external regulation and intenal policy
* Act as technical support help to the network of emerging Business Data Owners and Data Stewards throughout all lines of business and geographies understand and leverage standard data governance methodologies and tools
* Facilitate and promote usage and adoption of the data governance tools
* Assist in the establishment of Communities of Practice, virtual organizations that meet regularly to share ideas and best practices and promote a culture where data is managed as an asset of the company
* Develop candidiate Key Performance Indicators and dashboards to measure the success and ROI of the data governance program
* Maintain and promote key data governance deliverables/assets, including data policies, data standards and data management roles and decision frameworks.
Interact with business and technical peers in the evalua...