Yeshiva University Assistant Vice President, Advancement Operations in New York, New York
|Assistant Vice President, Advancement Operations|
|Position Type||Regular Full-Time|
|Campus : Location||US-NY-Wilf-Amsterdam Ave & 185th St|
Founded in 1886, (YU) has a strong tradition of combining Jewish scholarship with academic excellence and achievement in the liberal arts, sciences, medicine, law, business, social work, Jewish studies, education, psychology, and more.
We are a leading global educational institution that employs 2,000 people across our various campus locations -- Wilf Campus, Beren Campus, Brookdale Center, Resnick Campus in the Bronx, the Gruss Institute in Jerusalem, the Boys High School in Manhattan and the Girls High School in Queens. From the distinguished faculty who teach here, to the dedicated staff, we work to fulfill our mission: to “bring wisdom to life” through all that we teach, by all that we do and for all those we serve. We seek to attract and retain engaged and committed individuals who contribute to an exciting working environment, where there is a sense of community and belonging, balanced with a significant cross section of people from diverse backgrounds working and studying together.
The University offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans, including immediate participation in the University’s retirement plan. Staff members are typically eligible for four weeks paid vacation each year and have access to a shuttle to nearby subway locations.
Yeshiva University is seeking a dynamic Assistant Vice President for Advancement Operations (AVP) to provide strategic leadership to key facets of the University’s Institutional Advancement unit. This position is responsible for managing a team comprised of related functions including fundraising systems, analytics, stewardship and production, as well as managing and directing partnerships with vendors.
The primary objectives of this position are to:
- Optimize and improve fundraising systems to support efficient and effective management of constituent data, and actionable and insightful analysis
- Implement and improve mechanisms which result in continuous quality improvement of constituent data that meet the strategic and practical needs of Institutional Advancement
- Develop, define and document Policies and Procedures for CRM systems, incorporating fundraising best practices
- Produce training material for use of CRM systems
- Ensure all staff and vendors dedicated to fundraising systems and analytics are aligned effectively and operating efficiently to meet strategic goals in support of the fundraisers
- Oversee a unit that works to ensure an excellent constituent experience
- In coordination with YU’s ITS department, ensure the core operational viability of Institutional Advancement’s CRM system(s) including prompt and accurate data processing, system updates, and interfaces with other fundraising vendors
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in business or related area plus a minimum 10+ years directly relevant work experience required or equivalent combination of training and experience, including:
Strategic Planning & Needs Analysis:
- Experience with a constituent database
- Ability to collaborate with Institutional Advancement Department to create and implement annual Development System plan, design to continually improve the efficacy and efficiency of departmental systems.
- Establish short- and long-range goals for use of development systems.
- Proven project management experience including vendor management and selection and demonstrated ability to bring complex projects in on-time and on-budget.
- Experience with business process re-engineering in a Development department.
- Develops and improve technological systems to support dynamic and diverse fundraising campaigns across all business units, including tracking key constituent data to support decision making.
- Analyze and reengineer business processes to continually improve efficiency. Add appropriate layers of redundancy and cross-checking, and ensures full integration between software and business practices across all in-house and outsourced activities.
- Systems/technical management in a Development department.
- Prior experience managing professional and support staff.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and setting upcoming goals; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
Skills and Competencies
- High-level knowledge of fundraising databases, workflows, documentation, data integrity, quality control, financial controls, and audits.
- Demonstrated understanding of goals of various branches of development
- Demonstrated ability to clearly document complex technical and business processes.
- Knowledge of and experience with continuous quality improvement strategies and methods.
- Knowledge of security and privacy compliance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a collaborative team.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency using MS Office and extensive knowledge of Excel and fundraising database management. SQL experience a plus.
- Experience managing complex vendor relationships and maximizing productivity of outside vendors and consultants.
- Organized, detail-oriented, creative, problem-solving, strong analytical skills, strong written and oral communication, high energy, fast-paced, deal with pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, move projects from conceptual stages to launch, and handle multiple and often competing deadlines.
- Strong manager; facilitator; an integrator.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex information and use it to develop and coordinate systems that improve efficiency.
- Ability to write routine business correspondence.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Excellent judgment and diplomacy.
- Residence in or willingness to relocate to NYC metro area.
Scope of Responsibility
The Assistant Vice President for Advancement Operations will manage a staff of 3-5 and oversee a budget. This position will have siginicant and frequent contact with various departments within the university such as ITS, finance and human resources. Externally the AVP will liaise with technology vendors and manage those relationships and serve as the primary point of contact.
**Please include a cover letter with your application
Yeshiva University is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.