Starbucks Coffee Barista in BROOKLYN, New York
STARBUCKS is hiring BARISTAS for their BROOKLYN locations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Act with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture,values and mission of Starbucks.
- Maintain a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating up to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
- Anticipate customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
- Communicate information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create the third place environment during each shift.
- Assist with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Contribute to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in partner morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager.
- Deliver excellent customer service to all customers by acting with a customer-comes-first attitude and connecting with the customer. Discover and respond to customer needs.
- Follow Starbucks operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace so that partners can locate resources and products as needed.
- Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Recognize and reinforce individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational methods.
- No previous experience required
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays
- Meet store operating policies and standards, including providing quality beverages and food products, cash handling and store safety and security, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Engage with and understand our customers, including discovering and responding to customer needs through clear and pleasant communication
- Prepare food and beverages to standard recipes or customized for customers, including recipe changes such as temperature, quantity of ingredients or substituted ingredients
- Available to perform many different tasks within the store during each shift
Apply online at: https://www.starbucks.com/careers/retail-careers then search via zip code to select the specific stores.
Select job title; BARISTA
After applying online, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for a direct referral. Please type the word "Starbucks" on subject line of email.