Acacia Network Grant Accountant in Bronx, New York
We are the largestHispanic non-profit organization in New York, and the second-largest Hispanic non-profit in the country. We’ve been servicing communities since 1969, and we’ve helped thousands and thousands of people with healthcare, substance abuse treatment, home and hospice care, affordable housing, and more. Each year, we care for more than 181,000 children and 118,000 adults. That’s an average of about 3,200 families. And by hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
The Grant Accountant will be responsible for managing the life of multiple federal, state and city as well as private and foundation grants contracts. This person will have at least 3 years managing government grants and will be comfortable in a fast- paced and growing non-profit organization. They will work closely with program directors on budgets advising based on analysis, be responsible for maintaining timely and accurate agency financial records and meet deadlines in accordance with requirements of funders. The ideal candidate will be driven to meet deadlines, be an expert user of MS Excel and will have a command of analyzing budgets.
- Responsible for federal, state and city grants management, including communication with funding sources.
- Track and report individual program expenditures and income.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of periodic vouchers and expenditure reports.
- Forecast budget variances based on analysis of spending: provide routine reports to Director of Finance, executive staff and program management.
- Work closely with program management on program, budgets, modifications and other financial aspects in a timely manner.
- Review payment requests for assigned contracts to ensure budget supports expenses.
- Prepare expense allocations and import into accounting software.
- Monthly analysis of Trial Balance/General Ledger and perform adjustments as needed.
- Preparation of materials for program and agency-wide audits.
- Assist Director of Finance in preparation of complete budget for the Agency.
- Perform additional duties as requested by management.
Here’s what we can offer you.
You’d be making a difference in people’s lives, and we want to make a difference in yours. That’s why we offer perks like:
- A generous compensation package, to attract (and keep) top talent like you.
- Great health, disability, and life insurance plans, to handle any of life’s unexpected curveballs.
- Generous paid time off, so you can recharge your batteries with friends and family.
- A pension plan, to help secure your financial future.
As a leader in the field of substance abuse services, Acacia Network promotes a drug free workplace.
Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity.
No employment services or agencies need respond.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
3-4 years of Accounting experience working at a senior level. Must have experience managing federal, state and city grants
Ability to analyze financial reports an making recommendations
Ability to be flexible and to adjust work schedule to reflect varying accounting deadlines
Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel required
Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills; able to multi-task, strong follow-through skills and detail oriented Strong knowledge of accounting software programs (Fundez experience preferred)
Location: Bronx, NY
Category: Community Services (SEEDCO)
Job Type: Full Time
Required Education: -