Pep Boys Commercial Parts Manager in Bronx, New York
Auto Plus is a major U.S.-based distributor of automotive aftermarket parts. Since 1921, Pep Boys has been one of the nation's leading automotive aftermarket chains with over 7,500 service bays in over 800 locations in 35 states and Puerto Rico. Together, the united organization, Auto Plus Pep Boys, has over 21,000 associates in more than 20 distribution centers and over 1,000 corporate locations. In addition, the company supports more than 530 independently-owned stores and over 2,400 independently-owned service centers across the nation. Auto Plus Pep Boys is owned by Icahn Enterprises L.P. ("Icahn Enterprises"; NASDAQ: IEP).
As a Commercial Parts Manager, responsible for ensuring commercial sales and objectives are met through coaching, mentoring and training a knowledgeable staff and communicating with customers daily. Ensures commercial customer needs and wants are satisfied and the Corporate Vision, Mission and Values are instilled throughout the organization. This position has been designated as a safety-sensitive position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Attain store monthly and annual performance objectives.
- Identify new customers and revenue opportunities.
- Select, hire, develop, performance manage, coach, schedule, engage and train commercial team members.
- Coach all commercial team members to deliver on customer expectations.
- Protect and maintain the security of store assets.
- Ensure execution of all inventory and operational standards.
- Manage toward a positive cash flow by achieving sales forecast, managing payroll costs (including controlling overtime) and controlling operating expenses.
- Ensure customer accounts are collected. Inform Area Director of any issues.
- Work closely with the sales department in promotions, SPIFFs, displays and other marketing campaigns.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with commercial customers. Handle customer complaints effectively and positively. Call on commercial customers as necessary to assist the Commercial Account Manager.
- Manage the physical appearance of stock and stores.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures while instilling the company vision, mission and values into the daily work processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
_ Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities_
- High school diploma required.
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree in business administration, marketing, operations or similar is preferred.
- 3-5 years of management experience in aftermarket auto parts sales.
- Ability to exercise judgement and to work independently.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to handle difficult customer situations.
- Comfortable utilizing up-sell techniques.
- Strong cash handling skills, including the use of POS systems.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated consistency, accuracy and follow-through.
- Extensive product knowledge or the ability to obtain product knowledge.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license that meets the criteria under company policy.
- Ability to work days, nights, weekends and holidays.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Extensive standing, walking, pushing and reaching.
- Need full range of motion for reaching, bending and stooping.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms, legs.
- Lifting of heavy equipment of up to 40 pounds, 4 feet high without the aid of another person
- May work outside and be exposed to weather.
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints, handle sensitive data, and multi-task so that deadlines can be met.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and manage time efficiently with the ability to handle stress in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Reporting: Area Director
Potential Schedule: Days, Nights, Weekend, Holidays
Type of Store: Supercenter
Job Status: Full-time
Location Number: 01065
Location Name: PBY NY Bronx, Conner St.-01065