Pep Boys Service Shop Team Member in ridgewood, New York
Auto Plus is a major U.S.-based distributor of automotive aftermarket parts. Since 1921, Pep Boys has been one of the nation's leading automotive aftermarket chains with over 7,500 service bays in over 800 locations in 35 states and Puerto Rico. Together, the united organization, Auto Plus Pep Boys, has over 21,000 associates in more than 20 distribution centers and over 1,000 corporate locations. In addition, the company supports more than 530 independently-owned stores and over 2,400 independently-owned service centers across the nation. Auto Plus Pep Boys is owned by Icahn Enterprises L.P. ("Icahn Enterprises"; NASDAQ: IEP).
The following roles are available nationwide:
* A criminal background search and drug screen is mandatory for all positions.
Store Service Manager:
Responsible for achieving expected sales goals across the service labor, parts, and fleet business and providing superior customer service through in-store execution of programs, initiatives and standards. This position is directly responsible for maintaining adequate shop productivity. The Store Manager will recruit, hire, develop, and provide inspirational leadership and direction to the service selling and back shop teams. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional related job responsibilities as needed and assigned. This position has been designated as a safety-sensitive position.
Assistant Service Manager:
Support the service and tire team under the direction of the Manager, Store Service. Assist in driving sales across service labor, parts, tires, and fleet business and you provide essential selling and task support by partnering with management to make certain that the service repair business is organized, store operations are running efficiently, and shop productivity is maintained to company standards. This position has been designated as a safety-sensitive position.
Customer Service Advisor:
Under the direction of management, contribute to the growth of the organization across all lines of business through customer engagement, expert product and service knowledge, follow-up, and follow through as the first point of contact at the service desk, on the sales floor, and at the register. These contributions may also include assisting in various aspects of customer care, work order and register assistance, facility maintenance, and Outside Purchase (OP) ordering.
Fleet Service Advisor:
Act as main point of contact for all new and existing fleet customers and national fleet sales team through our national fleet hotline. Resolve customer service issues as they arise by working closely with our stores, operations team and fleet sales team. The right individual will act as the primary contact for resolving issues that stores may have completing a service work order. May be required to resolve vehicle repair issues and disputes over the phone with our store personnel. Required to perform daily reporting of Pep Boys Fleet application status. Maintain and update all fleet account database information. Responsible for review and approval of all company car repairs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* High school diploma or equivalent required for non-managerial roles.
* Valid Driver's License.
* One year of related experience in the automotive service environment for non-managerial roles.
* Management positions are key holder roles and responsible for basic and detailed opening and closing responsibilities.
* Management positions also require completion of a two-year college, technical program, or one to three (1-3) years of service industry experience and a minimum of one (1) year supervisory experience.
* Must have basic knowledge and understanding of mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions. Ability to apply mathematical formulas to calculate commissions and discounts.
* Strong verbal communication skills.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Ability to work Days, Nights, Weekends, Holidays.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.