Pep Boys Driver in ridgewood, New York
Auto Plus is a major U.S.-based distributor of automotive aftermarket parts. Since 1921, Pep Boys has been one of the nation's leading automotive aftermarket chains with over 7,500 service bays in over 800 locations in 35 states and Puerto Rico. Together, the united organization, Auto Plus Pep Boys, has over 21,000 associates in more than 20 distribution centers and over 1,000 corporate locations. In addition, the company supports more than 530 independently-owned stores and over 2,400 independently-owned service centers across the nation. Auto Plus Pep Boys is owned by Icahn Enterprises L.P. ("Icahn Enterprises"; NASDAQ: IEP).
The following roles are available nationwide:
* A criminal background search and drug screen is mandatory for all positions.
Drive company owned van, SUV or lightweight truck to safely deliver replacements parts, equipment, tools and accessories for motor vehicles to customers. This position has been designated as a safety-sensitive position.
Provide superior customer service through safe, effective, and timely delivery of parts and tires to all commercial customers. Responsible for safely operating a delivery truck of less than three (3) tons and ensuring the delivery load is stacked, padded, and properly secured. This position will be expected to perform additional related job responsibilities as needed and assigned, such as assisting in store operational activities when deliveries are not being made. This position has been designated as a safety-sensitive position.
Responsible for providing superior customer service through safe, effective, and timely delivery of parts and tires to all locations within the Super Hubs loop. Responsible for safely operating a delivery truck of less than three (3) tons and ensuring the delivery load is stacked, padded, and properly secured. May assist with store operational activities when deliveries are not being made.
Stock Order Driver:
Warehouse drivers deliver complete overnight deliveries of merchandise to regional stores and pick up returns and shipping containers. They ensure the piece count is correct for each order and match the freight bill. Drivers must operate vehicles in a safe manor, obey all traffic laws, and maintain a good driving record in accordance with company policy.
Service and Tire Center Driver:
The Service and Tire Center (STC) Driver is responsible for the safe, effective and timely delivery of parts and tires to all company STC locations within his/her delivery loop. An STC Driver will be responsible for safely operating a delivery truck less than 3 tons and ensuring the delivery load is stacked, padded and properly secured. A successful STC Driver will also be involved in operational store activities when deliveries are not being made and will be expected to participate in selling parts and services.
Duties & Responsibilities for nationwide positions
* All drivers are responsible for all aspects of properly operating and maintaining delivery cars and/or trucks. This includes obeying all state, county and local laws; reporting accidents, incidents and/or violations or traffic citations.
* Safely transport goods within assigned locations.
* Ensure all loads are properly secured.
* Verify accuracy against the Bill of Lading and acquire appropriate signatures. Will write orders and provide instruction when necessary.
* Load and unload product on the delivery trucks/cars by hand, hand truck or dolly.
* Passionately focus on customer needs, and drive overall performance with the highest degree of integrity and trust.
* The successful individual will be expected to follow all policies and procedures as indicated in Store Operations Manual and Human Resources Handbook.
* Will be relied upon to learn and develop knowledge of hard parts and accessories in order to utilize selling skills while deliveries are not being made.
* Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary for positions
* High school diploma or equivalent is required.
* To perform these jobs successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* Must have a valid Driver's License without any DUI's (or related offenses) and submit to a pre-employment drug and criminal background screening.
* Ability to read instructions, policies, procedures, bills of lading, and product descriptions. Must be able to write. Must be able to collect data or facts and draw valid and accurate conclusions.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Strong verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work Days, Nights, Weekends and Holidays.