The New York Foundling Case Planner in Queens, New York
- Work directly with children who have been placed in foster care, their biological families, and the foster parents caring for them.
- Provide individual, family and/or group counseling and parenting coaching to an average caseload of 10-12 families.
- Develop and implement service plans and coordinate service provision to achieve both safety and permanency for children.
- Complete mandated contacts, home visits and outreach in a timely manner.
- Complete all necessary paperwork including Family Assessment Service Plans, Progress Notes, and Monthly Program Statistics within necessary time frames.
- Arrange and participate in team meetings on cases to coordinate services for clients. Lead weekly client groups, as needed.
- Some evening and weekend hours as necessary to accommodate working parents and their children.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or related subject area is required.
- Candidates with a Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or related subject area may be preferred.
- 1-2 years' experience in child welfare is preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required for some positions.
Requisition Number: 16-0652
Post Date: 6/19/2017
Title: Case Planner