Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens SOCIAL WORK SUPERVISOR II in Queens (Jamaica), New York
The Social Work Supervisor provides clinical social work supervision and training to social workers and case managers of the case management staff and ensures that the DFTA and agency regulations are maintained.
* Direct day-to-day operation of case management unit by providing clinical social work supervision to staff.
* Review intake, services arranged, and care plans developed.
* Sign off new, reassessed and closed cases within mandated time frames.
* Provide crisis intervention to clients with supervisee as needed.
* Monitor unit’s caseloads and case assignments by utilizing the funding sources software program.
* Assist in hiring, terminating, and evaluating the social workers/case managers.
* Work with other supervisory personnel and intake coordinator to assign new case assessments.
* Review and maintain systems with social workers/case managers regarding the waiting lists for services.
* Assess the needs of the consumer and ensure referrals are made and there are followed up.
* Monitor case records in adherence to funding source and agency requirements.
* Participate in the resolution of client complaints.
* Maintain working relationships with other service providers in the community and represent the program and agency at meetings when requested.
* Monitor utilization of service delivery provided by service vendors.
* Participate in meetings as required.
* Maintain a small caseload of clients.
* Provide supervision to social work interns.
* Master of Social Work Degree from an accredited college or university.
* Two years in providing direct services to clients and supervision of professional staff.
* Accredited with Supervision in Field Instruction within 6 months of employment.
* Knowledge of entitlements for older adults.
* Capable of assisting with more complex client issues.
* Able to handle a crisis.
* Good verbal and written command of the English Language.
* Proficient in computer software applications, Excel and Microsoft Office.
* Within 6 months of hire date, able to learn the DFTA client software system for data entry of client files.
* Good time management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
* Able to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and office equipment.
* Able to climb stairs and make home visits.
* Able to sit and work on the computer for long periods of time.
* Frequent sitting, standing, and walking.
* Able to stretch and bend to retrieve files.
* Occasional climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling and crouching.
* Ability to lift up to 10lbs.
* Ability to read printed and handwritten materials.
* Ability to read computer screens.
* Able to travel to client’s homes, meetings, conferences and other locations for trainings and meetings.