Turner Broadcasting Writer/Producer in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Writer/Producer
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Programming
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What part will you play?
The Writer/Producer for CNN's morning show, New Day, is responsible to producing segments and preparing anchors for live interviews on an overnight shift.
What will you be doing?
Duties include preparing elements for segments including writing anchor intros, teases, cutting sound and producing graphics. You must be able to write and produce packages with a high-production value, effectively use video and graphics; and coordinate logistics for interviews. The position also involves conceptualizing, writing, and producing on-air scripts and digital extensions. The Writer/Producer will work closely with management to ensure that copy is urgent and direction of segments fit the show's mission. The employee may be required to travel on short notice and produce from the field. The Writer/Producer will be closely working with the anchor and may be required to travel and produce from the field.
What do we need from you?
- 2+ years producing experience
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
- Excellent writing skills and an ability to produce quality work quickly
- Must have the ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently and with a team
- Requires a creative thinker with the ability to find new and entertaining ways to present information, new angles to approach stories, and the organization skills to bring it all together
- Outstanding news judgment, critical and strategic thinking, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic are critical for the position
- Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Tu rner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.