West Publishing Corporation Top News Editor (Level 1 Journalist) in New York, New York
Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world's largest international multimedia news provider reaching more than one billion people every day. Reuters provides trusted business, financial, national, and international news to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world's media organizations, and directly to consumers at .
Reuters is looking for an exceptional editor for its Top News Team in the Americas to drive ambitious coverage of the biggest stories of the day, the week and the year. Based in New York or Washington, the Top News Editor will be responsible for conceptualizing, developing and presenting top global stories on the front page of our financial desktop, Thomson Reuters Eikon. The role requires an outward-looking, curious and collaborative news editor who will spot emerging news themes and push our teams of editors and reporters to deliver.
This is a hands-on news editing job for an experienced journalist with an ability to work effectively with bureaus across the Americas and colleagues around the world.
- Conceptualizes, develops and edits distinct, ambitious, agenda-setting stories for our Front Page
- Works collaboratively with reporters, ensuring a smooth but rigorous editing process
- Sets priorities for coverage on top stories; shapes planning of coverage of future events
- Identifies running opportunities for stories that Reuters can own from the first headline to the special report
- Works with other Top News editors, specialist editors and bureau chiefs to ensure a pipeline of front-page worthy stories in development and that reporters get the feedback they need
- Ensures all multimedia elements of a story have been considered, from graphics to pictures and video
- Proven skill at developing and editing enterprising stories, strong news judgment, track record in elevating journalists and stories
- Strong organizational, planning and people skills; a competitive streak and consistent ability to secure results
- Good understanding of the Reuters news file across asset classes and geographies; ability to see big picture and think ahead; understanding of the Reuters customer base and how clients use news
- At least 10 years in reporting and editing at a major news outlet
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
United States of America-New York-New York-USA-New York-3 Times Square
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.