SMBC Syndications Manager in New York, New York
Our SMFL division is looking for a Syndications manager to join their growing team.
This position is responsible for originating new business volume by soliciting and supporting transactions from syndication sources including bank owned equipment finance companies and captive and independent equipment finance company relationships active in the equipment leasing industry in the United States. Developing new and additional business source relationships and manages existing relationships by delivering on and exceeding source expectations throughout and after the transaction cycle, and by resolving any issues timely. An annual new business volume budget is $110MM.
· Candidate should have 5+ years capital markets/syndications experience within the equipment leasing industry and a 10+ year career in the industry. Strong track-record of meeting and exceeding sales targets in previous roles
· Ability to develop new relationships with syndication sources
· Strong credit and underwriting skills with a deep understanding of financial statement analysis and interpretation of the same
· Strong familiarity with industry pricing models such as Super Trump, T-Value and Excel spreadsheet.
· Broad knowledge of different equipment types. (Including, but not limited to, construction machinery, transportation machinery, and machine tools equipment)
· Extensive knowledge of financing products including, small and mid ticket leases, loans and other banking/equipment financing services products including tax leases, synthetic leases and insurance etc.
· Strong understanding and deep experience of syndication, equipment leasing and loan documentation to facilitate and lead closing and document negotiations.
· Strong interpersonal skills and a positive and team oriented approach to achieving goals and contributing to the company.
Job Locations US-NY-New York
Career Category Leasing & Finance
Position ID 2017-0473
Corporate Title DIR
Posting Date 8/10/2017
SMBC is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability