Wolters Kluwer Sr. Network Engineer, GBS in New York, New York
Sr. Network Engineer, GBS
Requisition Number: 17-17296
State: New York
City: New York
Shift: Not Applicable
Job Description: Wolters Kluwer Global Business Services is designed to provide services to the business units in the areas of technology, sourcing, procurement, legal, finance, and accounting which includes our North American-Accounting Center. These global centers promote team collaboration using best practices around a specific focus area to drive results and enhance operational efficiencies. There is a constant endeavor to benchmark against best-in-class industry standards to improve the quality of deliverables, increase cost savings, enhance productivity and reduce time to market for products and applications.
We have a Sr Network Engineer position, available! This key, individual contributor will be responsible for network design, implementation and service delivery for WK Network solutions, vendor, and operations management.
The Sr Network Engineer:
• Helps drive migration from “on premise” to “cloud hosted” telecommunications services.
• Helps drive the global network transformation initiative resulting in a standard, and highly available network for the enterprise.
• Responsible for network service management including service availability, incident, request and project management.
• Manages data communications carriers and suppliers.
• Successfully delivers network projects.
• Responsible for new technology research, service standards development, inventory management, provisioning, and cost control.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Our Sr Network Engineer will design, implement and support data communications services, equipment, and networks.
Operations and Functional Duties Included but not limited to:
•Build / maintain / upgrade network systems and infrastructure in field offices and datacenters (including LAN/WAN devices, WAN accelerators, firewalls, load balancers, etc.)
• Develop and manage projects and technical implementations related to networks, with minimal disruption to clients.
• Manage network equipment / services refresh program to ensure current supported technology is utilized by coordinating with supplier and WK Business Units.
•Diagnose and resolve networking issues in a timely fashion.
•Monitor metrics around utilization and capacity and recommend changes for improvement.
•Work within established configuration and change management framework to ensure awareness, approval, and implementation of network changes.
•Provide documentation and train network engineers as well as other IT staff.
• Provide day to day support of network services, equipment, and tools.
• Point person on critical SEV 1 / SEV 2 incident management. Responsible for ongoing quality improvement through an established Problem Management process.
• Develop Root Cause Analysis (RCA’s) and drives proactive / preventive process improvement.
• Develop and evolves network Methods & Procedures (M&P’S) on an ongoing basis.
• Manage VPN, WebSSLVPN, and VPN site to site tunnels on ASA firewalls
• Manage the provisioning and inventory management of all WK owned external Domains (e.g. www.cch.com) (4000) and SSL Certificates (900).
• Order and create all VeriSign security certificates for SSL encryption
• Determine network hardware requirements based on system requirements
Technical Duties Including but not limited to:
• Research and develop new network services and standards for WAN, LAN, Wireless, ISP and network transport including AVPN MPLS WAN, SDWAN and Metro Ethernet.
• Develop technical transformation plans and business cases as needed to foster adoption of new network technologies.
• Provide network technical, service management and functional requirements specifications.
• Integrate new acquisitions infrastructure into WK centralized network environment including tools and contracts.
• Manage and assure all network ITIL processes are followed (e.g. Incident, Change, Request, Problem) on a daily basis
• Manage documentation related to network infrastructure
• Maintain knowledge of applicable network technologies by reviewing technical literature and attending training and seminars
• Utilize system administration tools as required to manage, monitor, and maintain network systems.
• Drive conversion of Legacy / non-standard networks and network services to the WK Global Standard set of services
Service Delivery and Client Management Duties including but not limited to:
• Assist with RFI’s , RFQ’s and RFP’s, and the vendor response process.
• Create Business Cases for new networks, network services and network upgrades.
• Drive internal WK and vendor resources to improve availability and performance of all network services.
• Monitor outsourcing relationships, performance, and workflows to assure the outsourced service meets WK needs and Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
• Develop new network transport services to support emerging WK application requirements such as IP Video implementation, Connectivity to Cloud hosting providers, Unified Communications Integration, QoS, etc.
• Ensure global standards are met and that global projects are designed, implemented and supported consistently.
• Interface with other WK GSS and Vendor Infrastructure domain experts and project managers to develop and deliver solutions that cross multiple technical domains.
• Provide support on a rotating basis 7 X 24 to respond and resolve system failures/outages on a 24 hour, 7 day per week basis.
•Demonstrate a strong sense of focus and excellent attention to detail, while working in a very fast-paced and energetic environment.
Qualifications: JOB QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business field, or equivalent work experience
• 10 or more years of experience in a technical network position is required
• 5 or more years of experience in a large, global environment is preferred
The successful candidate will have strong experience in many of the following network technology domain areas:
• Local Area Network (LAN)
• Wide Area Network (WAN)
• Internet Connectivity
• Routing Protocols
• Network Security
• Wireless Access (WAPS)
• IP Addressing (Schemas, VLANS, DNS, DHCP)
• Load Balancers
• Remote Access Services
• Domains and SSL Certificates
• Extranets & Site to Site VPN’s
• MPLS Network – Routing and Circuits
• Voice over IP (VoIP)
• Unified Communications including Audio, Web and Video Conferencing
• Quality of Service (QOS)
• WAN Optimization
•Strong working knowledge of TCP/IP protocols, concepts and application in production environments (DNS, DHCP, FTP, NTP, etc).
•Strong knowledge of network management tools such as Solarwinds Orion / WhatsUp Gold.
•Strong working knowledge of LAN / WAN protocols and technologies (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, VPLS, IPSec, VPN/DMVPN/GETVPN, QOS, etc.) and application in production environments.
•Strong working knowledge of network sniffers and probes and packet analysis (tcpdump, Wireshark).
•Strong working knowledge of application delivery controllers and load balancers
•Strong working knowledge of wireless technologies and performance optimizations
The successful candidate will have strong experience in many of the following business and technology areas:
• Operational awareness
• Strategic planning
• Define and track standards
• Optimize network availability
• Develop and evolve technical solutions
• Upgrade & Refresh plans
• Emerging technologies
• New Service Development
• Designs and diagrams
The successful candidate will have had experience with many of the following network hardware, software and protocol:
• Cisco Nexus Series 7000, 5000, 2000, 1000v
• Cisco 1800, 2800, 3800, 7200 Series Routers
• Cisco 2900, 3500, 3700, 3900, 6500 Catalyst switches
• Cisco ASA 5520
• Cisco 5508 WLC
• Cisco 3500i Access Points
• Cisco ACS, WCS
• Cisco ASR 1000 routers
• Cisco 3560x 3750 switches
• VSS720 Sup Modules
• Juniper firewall
Additional Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
• Must have strong operational experience, preferred within a global environment
• Must be a strong team player
• Need to be able to develop pragmatic implementation plans
• Must have strong communications and relationship skills across all levels. Strong collaboration and problem-solving skills are also required.
• Ability to effectively represent Network services and solutions to Business and IT staff
• Strong project management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and communications skills with a strong customer focus
• Must be able to work independently and prioritize work effectively
• Full working knowledge of the principles and concepts of network services
• Strong Knowledge of TCP/IP, QoS, VoIP and network routing and switching protocols
• Strong working knowledge of Network Service management tools including Network Monitoring and Management (NMM), IP Address Management (IPAM), etc.
• Knowledge and experience with network service provisioning, billing, maintenance, and applications
• Knowledge of inside cable plant
• Experience with integrating Unified Communications technologies
Occasional Travel, 20%
Normal office environment
About Wolters Kluwer
Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2016 annual revenues of €4.3 billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide.
Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
For more information about our solutions and organization, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
For any assistance with your application for this job opening, please call the HR Source at (888) 495-4772 or email HRSource@WoltersKluwer.com. TTY is also available at (888) 495-4771