Marsh & McLennan Cos Sr. Administrative Assistant in New York, New York
The Senior Administrative Assistant will support an individual or group by providing an in-depth knowledge of administrative procedures and tools required. Incumbent has basic understanding of the business service area, clients, key terms and service offerings. May handle sensitive information with professionalism and integrity while communicating openly and often among team members. Continually strives to promote smooth workflow and ensure client needs are met. Ensures Mercer standards are used in all document production.
To fulfill the role, the Senior Administrative Assistant will:
* Manage consultant(s) calendar; schedule meetings. Arrange travel for consultant(s); manage expense reimbursement for clients; complete time entry weekly. Process and/or coordinate completion of expense reports in a timely manner; handle monthly client invoicing (WebCAS), code population, and client marketing information (M-Drive)
* Establish, maintain and manage client subject files, personal working files and legal plan documents as applicable. Coordinate production of documents using available resources. Provide peer review of documents before final production/distribution to ensure quality control of final product
* Edit and create documents using PowerPoint, Excel & Word while ensuring all documents produced adhere to Mercer's global identity/document standards
* Adhere to best practices and expense control (i.e., travel rates, office supplies, catering, vendors, etc.). Contribute to accurate client/project budget management through accurate and prompt time entr y
* Manage outgoing mail, overnight shipments and other deliveries to clients, vendors or internal recipients
* Assist team with a variety of administrative tasks as assigned. Provide back-up AA support within and outside of business area as needed
* High School Diploma required; AA Degree or BA Degree preferred
* 3-5 years of administrative assistant experience, preferably in a consulting environment or professional service industry)
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with demonstrated expertise in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, business communication and time management skills
* Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills
* Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task, and work efficiently against deadlines
* Demonstrated problem solving capabilities
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Basic project management skills
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say w e Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
US ONLY: Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.