Liberty Resources, Inc. Special Education Itinerant Teachers (SEIT’s) in New York, New York
At Watch Me Grow and Liberty POST, we are committed to serving the diverse population of families with children with special needs in our communities. With our team of highly trained professionals, we aim to help each child reach their maximum physical, social, educational, and emotional potential in the home, school, and community settings.
By providing the highest quality services and working closely with the needs of each family, we envision an inclusive community of happy and healthy children, of all abilities, exercising their right to play, fully participating in family and community activities, and dreaming of a limitless future.
We are currently seeking Special Education Itinerant Teachers (SEIT’s) to work with children ages 3-5. This position would be providing special education services in preschool and/or Head Start programs in the Bronx, Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens.
Role of the SEIT:
The SEIT will provide services to pre-school children, ages 3-5, who have been identified with special needs. The SEIT will coordinate education efforts for the child with classroom teachers and school staff. They will act as a case coordinator to oversee the child’s IEP goals, related services on the child’s IEP, and implement educational plans effectively during their sessions. They will attend required Committee on Preschool Special Education (CPSE) meetings as well as ongoing, staff-in services and mandatory quarterly meetings. Finally, they will organize and maintain confidentiality on the child’s record and perform related duties as required.
• Must have knowledge of Early Childhood Development, specific to children ages Birth to 5
• Knowledge of New York State laws/ regulations related to CPSE
• Knowledge of MS Word and comfortable with working with databases
• Must possess strong time management, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Experience working with children birth to 5 years
• Must be comfortable going into the field and working in pre-schools, daycare centers and/or homes.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule between the hours of 8am to 6pm Monday through Friday; Morning availability is a plus.
• Master’s Degree in Special Education with NYS Certification in Students with Disabilities Birth - 2nd Grade (SWD B-2) (Initial or Professional or Permanent)
We offer a supportive and progressive work environment with competitive compensation, benefits, flexible workdays, and professional development opportunities. Student loan forgiveness available! Please send cover letter and resume to Lori Woliner at email@example.com