TD Bank Software Engineer Lead in New York, New York
Auto req ID 169515BR
Job Title Software Engineer Lead
Job Status Full Time
Country UNITED STATES
Province/ State New York
City New York
Location NYC - 52nd St (18th Fl)
Business Line TD Securities
Job Category - Primary Technology Solutions
Job Category(s) Technology Solutions
TD Description TD Securities provides a wide range of capital market products and services to corporate, government and institutional clients. The firm works with clients around the world, focusing selectively and strategically on the key financial centers: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, New York, London, Singapore and Tokyo. www.td.com at http://www.td.com/
The Engineer will report to the Global Head of Engineering of the Regulatory and Trading Operations IT team. The accountabilities for the role include but are not limited to the following:
• Leverage strong understanding of messaging middleware technology to deliver quality designs as part of a fully integrated solution for new projects that fulfils client requirements and project objectives that is aligned to TD’s technology architecture and standards.
• Work with partners and team members within Technology to provide professional consultation services on technology best practices, standards and policies/guidelines.
• Execute strategy to steer solutions to use of standardized design patterns across Application, Platform and Infrastructure. The candidate will require an in-depth understanding of the business needs while identifying and leveraging synergies across the various areas.
• Coordinate and lead teams to deliver solutions in assigned functional area, interface with business owners and other technology partners to ensure integrated processes, efficient introduction of new technologies, retirement of obsolete technologies and support business-led initiatives.
• Ensure designs and operating model and documentations are maintained, updated and reviewed regularly.
• Effectively identify and manage stakeholder engagement and impacts across functions. Engage relevant stakeholders to review progress and obtain appropriate input, validation and approval of key decisions and design standard exceptions.
• Work with vendor and engineering peers to keep abreast of trends, products, frameworks and applications.
• Work with other teams to implement best practices for messaging solution designs i.e. high availability clustering, upgrades, migrations and backup & recovery strategies.
• Proactive in identifying opportunities for technology design improvements to build more robust messaging infrastructure. Review and contribute to design & build standards.
• Deputy to Global Head of Engineering to manage issues and escalations
• Mentoring and knowledge transfer to peers and new joiners. #LI-JH2
• Extensive project experience in designing enterprise messaging environment by implementing best practices with focus on capacity, scalability and robustness.
• More and 10 years of working experience in information technology, managing engineering projects and services.
• In depth knowledge of enterprise middleware technologies (Solace Systems/TIBCO EMS, BusinessWorks and BusinessEvents) is a must.
• Experience working on regulatory projects (G20 Dodd Frank Trade Reporting/FATCA/TOTUS) is preferred.
• Candidate should have a good understanding of Cloud technology and blueprint design.
• Solid knowledge of collateral business and vendor products (Colline and AcadiaSoft)
• Proven ability to present complex technical ideas in business friendly language and proven technical and troubleshooting skills with the ability to isolate root causes.
• Experience in developing strategies, roadmaps and designs for large-scale organizations. Enabling the enterprise the ability for rapid growth and scalable solutions that do not require extensive manual intervention.
• Proven ability to collaborate across a large organization to effectively realize outcomes
• History of making an impact, developing and executing on strategies and delivering superior results in both the short and long term
• Proven ability to leverage deep subject matter expertise to develop and deploy a vision and align others to that vision. Known for providing creative thought leadership while also listening and engaging others to provide input in the shaping of that vision
• Adapts to new different or changing requirements , quickly grasps new concepts adapts and reflects on lessons learned – comfortable with ambiguity, analyzes and evaluates, defines problem/challenge, identifies alternatives and makes timely decisions
• Exhibits comfort and maintains composure with audiences at all levels, tailors communication style and delivery to different audiences, uses effective listening skills to gain clarification from others.
• Uses knowledge of formal and informal policies and organizational interconnections to effectively navigate boundaries
• Strong influence and persuasion skills – gets people to change position or course of action through conversations and debate
• Build effective relationships with IT leaders across the organization#DI
• Able to manage effectively in a highly matrixed environment.
• Highly motivated individual with a track record of successfully implementing solutions across line of business boundaries.
• Must be able to work with a pool of experts and ensure high levels of service even when the effort crosses organizational boundaries.
• Comfortable leading through change and recognized as a champion for continuous improvement.
• Thrives in a fast paced environment, managing multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
• Excellent customer service orientation and a professional approach; including ability to interact with all levels across the organization.
• Proven negotiation and influencing abilities, with contract/vendor management experience an asset.
• Strong communicator, with excellent oral, written and presentation skills
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to complete the application process, please e-mail TD Bank's HR Compliance Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, contact information and details about your request within the e-mail.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) New York
City (Primary) New York