Collabera Software Architect in New York, New York
Location:New York, New YorkUS
The role is in within Asset Management Service (AMS) Technology which provides global development and support for the firm’s Prime Brokerage business, satisfying the demands of both internal business areas and external clients. A diverse range of systems are used globally to fulfil trade capture, settlement, charging and client reporting. This is a dynamic, client-facing department whereby technology team members are expected to be flexible and adapt quickly to new and changing requirements, priorities and roles as required.
The role is for a seasoned Liferay Portal 7 DXP server administrator with excellent technical operations skills, including writing shell scripts, server engineering, changing system configurations, patching and server upgrades and ensure 24X7 availability of critical production infrastructure. The role is to work with the current development leads to help them stand up a new server platform, which runs implement a DevOps framework across various critical applications. The role will require a wide range of skills including: infrastructure operations, software installation, patching and configuration management. The person will need to demonstrate ability to optimize and operate hardware infrastructure with considerations of security, performance and disaster planning.
• Work with the application development leads/teams for capacity planning.
• Install and maintain the plant that uses Liferay 7 DXP portal server.
• Design server architecture, deployment topology, network architecture etc. for the platform.
• Work with the enterprise CTO teams to review, analyse and leverage approved tools where applicable to identify right solutions for the team.
• Advise on new techniques and estimated costs associated with new or revised programs and utilities – taking into consideration personnel, time, and hardware requirements and makes trade-off analyses.
• Generate and publish an implementation plan for review to deliver a hardened stack for use by multiple application teams across equity services organization.
• Co-ordinate between various teams/groups to deliver sustainable solutions and services
• Experience with Liferay 7 DXP Portal server installation and administration.
• Experience with Liferay portlet based application packaging and deployment in a clustered environment.
• Experience troubleshooting of Liferay issues on Linux
• Experience with Apache server administration and optimization for performance.
• Experience with server hardening techniques, user access management and automation.
• Strong written and communication skills.
• Must have ability to navigate large organizations with multiple stakeholders and getting things done within the timeframe.
• Must have experience performance resiliency and disaster recovery tests and ensure 24X7 availability.
• Liferay 7 DXP Server administration, monitoring and configurations experience on Linux platform.
• Build tools such as Maven, Graddle.
• Administration of other servers such as Apache, Elastic search.
• Best practices with log management, storage, access management, security.
• Software documentation and workflow tools e.g. Confluence (Wiki), JIRA
• Shell scripting / automation.
and 0 Yrs.
and 0 Yrs.
and 0 Yrs.
Apache,Architecture,Asset Management,Automation,COM,Compliance,Disaster Recovery,Engineering,Linux,Management,MS Access,Shell