The Jewish Board Social Worker in new york, New York
OVERVIEW: The Social Worker is responsible for supplying necessary clinical intervention within the realm of the program. Provide cultural competent and sensitive services. As part of a therapeutic team within the Agency, work closely with the divisions' medical, psychiatric and psychology staff, to ensure the appropriate treatment interventions for the client.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to:
* Coordinate all services for consumers, including day programs, medical care, transportation, summer camps, summer programs, recreational activities, and community inclusion (Person Centered Planning).
* Liaise between Department and consumer's family members, and relevant community members. Provide family limited counseling.
* As Team Leader, lead quarterly case conference, and prepare minutes. Prepare integrative treatment plan, based on all assessments from the other professionals and Direc t Care Workers.
* Lead weekly team meetings. Keep minutes of team meetings and ensure follow-up as necessary from meetings.
* Conduct meetings to ensure proper treatment, progress in program and coordination of goals.
* Attend annual case conference at day program or school.
* Train Direct Care Workers, as necessary.
* Participate in audit preparation.
* Work with intake coordinator on intake process for new consumers.
* Work with Direct Care Workers to enhance communication and cooperation between them and consumer families.
* Complete paperwork in a timely manner.
* Other duties as assigned.
Masters degree in Social Work, (MSW), with a minimum of one year of relevant experience with similar population. LMSW or LCSW certification required.