STV Incorporated Signals / Train Control Resident Engineer in New York, New York
3146-872 Job Description
STV Incorporated is currently seeking an experienced Signals / Train Control Resident Engineer for the construction of a light rail transit project in New York to determine that contractors' construction activities are controlled and monitored in accordance with the contract documents including design plans, specifications and all contractual requirements. In this role, the individual will be responsible for assisting with the resolution of project issues and verification of changes in construction scope. Plans and conducts tasks requiring the evaluation, selection, substantial adaptation and modification of standard rail signal and communications construction engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Reviews rail signal and communication submittals by contracts for conformance with the construction contract documents. Act as a technical liaison between contractor and design engineering staff. Participate in systems integration and testing activities. Prime responsibility for managing, planning, and coordinating the work of 3rd Party Contractors and vendors with rail operations and other 3rd party contract work, in support of the quality, safety, scope, schedule and budget initiatives of the Agency.
- Pre-construction phase services including review of construction contract documents and development of independent construction cost estimates
- Establishment of policies and procedures for staff to ensure all work is performed in accordance with contract plans and specifications, QA/QC and reporting protocols.
- Monitor contractor's progress and compare with progress schedule
- Develop, in conjunction with the 3rd party contractor, an Inspection and Testing Plan for on-site work as well as off-site manufacturing and fabrication materials.
- Supervision of the review and processing of RFIs and submittals.
- Coordination with other agency stakeholders.
- Support agency in early identification of potential changes, scope development, cost estimating, schedule impacts and negotiation assistance.
- Initiate coordination and development of commissioning and acceptance protocols and Operations and Maintenances manuals development.
- Develop and maintain lists and documentation of outstanding work, certifications and other deliverables.
- Develop and monitor Punch List work through project Substantial Completion.
- At least 10 years of experience required on train control construction projects;
- Effective technical, communication, management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work off hours and weekends as required.
- Must be able to fulfill essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
STV Group is a private, employee-owned corporation offering engineering, architectural, planning, environmental and construction management services to a diverse range of public and private sector clients. From locations throughout the United States, STV's 2,000 professional, technical and support personnel offer services to a broad and ever-expanding client base. We provide planning, environmental, design, program and construction management and specialty services for the transportation, design-build, institutional and commercial building, advanced technology, industrial and defense markets.
New York, New York, United StatesPosition Type
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.