Amazon Corporate LLC Shift Lead, Logistics in New York, New York
|Job ID||558825||Location||US-NY-New York|
|Posted Date||7/14/2017||Company||Amazon.com.dedc, LLC|
|Position Category||Fulfillment & Operations Management||Recruiting Team||..|
Amazon has an immediate opening for a Shift Lead supporting Local, one of our most innovative Logistics concepts yet! This position will be critical in successfully launching and operating Last Mile Delivery Nodes called Local. Local combines a storefront for Amazon Flex driver engagement with a Delivery Station back-end. These stores will be located closer to customer demand centers, in safe and conveniently located areas for our Delivery Partners.
The Shift Assistant position is responsible for daily management of department duties; including allocating labor, leading meetings, assigning job duties, providing work direction and communicating with internal and external suppliers. This position is a high ownership role within Amazon Logistics and will be critical in successfully launching and operating a new type of last mile delivery node that will require customer obsession and a bias for action. You will engage with Amazon delivery partners and are responsible for safe and efficient practices for getting them on-road delivering packages.
Key Job Elements:
* Own the execution of processes at these new last mile stores
* Operate as store lead during your shift
* Identify improvement opportunities in the processes you are responsible for as this new initiative grows
* Track and report of ATS/labor hours
* At times assist with production duties, train associates and verify SOP compliance
* Ensure successful area performance, through tracking and reporting metrics.
* Independently assess all aspects of associate work performance and provide feedback.
* Participate in Operational Excellence initiatives
* Fully understand workflow and daily production goals
* Review and update SOP as required
* Ensure work areas remain clean and are equipped with proper equipment and supplies.
* Identify and address safety hazards within the work area
* Coach associates to work safely at all times
* Participate in safety initiatives
* Ensure all job injuries are reported timely in accordance with established policy and procedure.
* Ability to lead provide direction utilizing independent judgment
* Demonstrated problem solving skills and analytical skills
* Demonstrated communication skills (written and verbal)
* Ability to work overtime as required
* Ability to work flexible schedules/shifts/areas
* Able to work in various temperature conditions
* Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
* Lift, bend, reach above the head; kneel; crouch; and or stretch during shifts
* Push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products up to 100 pounds during shifts
* Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
* Prior experience managing/supervising employees
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Experience with an FC kaizen or Shingi event
* An awareness and willingness to use OE tools and techniques
* Proficiency with the Microsoft Excel ".
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation