Turner Broadcasting Senior Writer, Economy - CNNMoney in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Senior Writer, Economy - CNNMoney
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Editorial
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
What part will you play?
The Senior Writer, Economy will play a key role helping lead CNNMoney's coverage of the real economy and how it affects lives. The coverage portfolio will span enterprise and in-the-news cycle stories news. Candidates should have a passion for news and an obsession with explaining the most compelling and important stories about the U.S. economy, the Trump administration's impact on policy and America's role in the global economy.
The beat requires field reporting and close collaboration with CNNMoney's video and television teams. CNNMoney is the hub of CNN's global economic coverage and programming and is expanding. This is an opportunity to be part of an exciting venture.
What will you be doing?
- Report and write breaking news, enterprise, analysis and original features for digital and TV that focus on jobs, wages, careers and the intersection of the economy and people's lives.
- Deliver stories on multiple platforms, including digital, social, video and television.
- Cultivate sources so you're the go-to person for exclusives and quick-turn analysis.
- Be a subject matter expert the CNN network can turn to for analysis and explainers.
- Collaborate with other teams across CNN worldwide to create cohesive packages that include video, graphics and on-air elements.
- Create stories that have a real impact.
What do we need from you?
- An obsession with business and economy news
- Strong reporting and writing skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast high-pressure environment
- Minimum 5+ years of editorial experience
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Television-Film Production, Communications, or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
But wait, there’s more! + Paid time off every year to volunteer + 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers + An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career + Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner!Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebookSee what it’s like to work at Turner!Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.