HNTB Corporation Senior Rail Project Manager - Positive Train Control (PTC) in New York, New York
|Senior Rail Project Manager - Positive Train Control (PTC)|
|HNTB Job Title||Sr Project Manager - Engineering|
|Position Type||Regular Full-Time|
HNTB is seeking a Senior Rail Systems Project Manager - Positive Train Control (PTC) who possesses excellent client relationships with our Rail Transit clientele in the Metropolitan New York/New Jersey area. This person will run projects and project assignments, champion identified pursuits, take ownership of pursuits/projects and be accountable for delivery and success.
Responsible for the leadership and management of team in support of the project’s profitable operation. Responsible for proactively managing the projects technical budget (direct labor and expenses, including technical sub-consultants), schedule, technical requirements, contractual obligations, project communications and HNTB’s 4 for 4 performance: delivery of quality work, on time, on budget and to the client’s satisfaction on every project. Responsible for gross revenue of $10M-30M.
- Actively manages project scope, schedule and budget. Serves as the primary client liaison to bring the schedule, budgets and scope of work to completion and to the client’s satisfaction.
- Implements the firm’s project delivery plan using HNTB's Sophisticated Delivery Approach (SDA) on each project.
- Develops project scope and fee quotation, and assists in the preparation of proposals and contracts.
- Provides oversight and monitoring of work to less experienced project managers. Coordinates work efforts and review work performed. Schedules and manages for integration of quality management during all phases of a project.
- Oversees project staffing with departments, offices and divisions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Has full managerial responsibility for all aspects of the project including negotiating extras, cost control, staffing, quality control and cash management.
- Estimates fees, determines scope of work, and prepares proposals and contracts on large or multiple projects.
- Actively manages client's budget, schedule and program; HNTB budget and schedule; project communications, documentation, and administers relevant aspects of a formal quality control program.
- Satisfies client requirements.
- Coordinates work efforts and reviews work performed.
- Responsible for managing and delivering quality mega projects on-time, within budget and to the satisfaction of the client.
- Identifies and markets additional business opportunities with key clients.
16 years relevant experience
6 years project management experience
- Experience with Positive Train Control (PTC), Automatic Train Control (ATC) or Communications Based Train Control (CBTC) required.
- Experience managing successful, large projects in the rail industry is required.
- Strong relationships within the industry, and a network of owners and consultants.
- Experience with Large Capital Programs, and project experience.
- Senior Level Practice Builder and Service Delivery Experience required.
- Strategic thinker, with demonstrated collaboration skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment and gain the support of others. Ability to work in a matrix organization focusing on mega-win projects.
- Able to take ownership and be accountable for projects and personnel.
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.