TRC Companies Senior Mechanical Engineer (CHP, Power Generation, Microgrid) in New York, New York
TRC Energy Services is seeking a qualified individual to support the design and construction of design and construction of industrial power generating systems including combined heat and power (CHP), cogeneration, and steam systems. Projects and responsibilities may include the design and integration of fuel handling and delivery systems, hot water, chilled water steam and condensate systems, lube oil handling and cooling systems to support power generation equipment on projects ranging from 5 MWe to 100 MWe.
Candidates should possess strong technical capabilities including knowledge of applicable national codes and standards including the International Mechanical Code, NFPA 30, 31, 37, 85, 850, 853, 855, 8506 and ASME B31.1
- Manage, review, and maintain client communications.
- Interact with clients, utility personnel, contractors, and project stakeholders to assess the technical feasibility of industrial power generating systems including Combined Heat and Power (CHP), Cogeneration, and steam systems.
- Evaluates power systems, products, components, and applications; applies knowledge of generation and materials.
- Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Direct and coordinate construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish installation standards and specifications.
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
- Prepare cost estimates and specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
- Perform piping stress analysis and expansion analyses
- Oversee project efforts to assure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time and within budget.
- Prepare technical drawings, one-line diagrams, cost estimates and specifications to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Supervise and train project team members as necessary.
Legal right to work in the U.S.
- Professional engineer's (P.E.) license
- A minimum 10 years' experience designing power generating systems
- Minimum 5 years' experience and proficiency with AutoCAD
- Ability to do all phases of design from conceptual, through Piping & Instrument Diagrams (P&ID) to detailed construction documents
- Experience with reciprocating engine driven equipment (natural gas and diesel)
- Experience with combustion turbines, steam boilers, cooling towers and evaporative coolers
- Experience with heat transfer and heat exchanger designs, pumping systems, steam systems to 600 psig/750 degrees steam boilers, condensate and feed water systems, and high pressure boiler feedwater chemical treatment systems.
- Experience with steam turbine driven generators and steam turbine driven auxiliary equipment is a plus.
- Familiarity with design standards for piping supports and seismic bracing.
- Academic and / or professional experience displaying a strong interest in sustainability and green building is strong plus;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
New York, NY - Broadway - NYC1