Pfizer Inc. Senior Director Strategy Development & Analytics in New York, New York
Reporting to the Vice President of Strategy development for Pfizer Global Supply (PGS) The Senior Director Strategy Development and Business Analytics role will lead a team of colleagues to utilize data analytics for capacity and business planning in support of the strategy development organization. In addition the Strategy Development & Analytics Lead will have process for an assigned set of operating units within PGS
PGS is transforming how it works to ensure our manufacturing network is prepared to meet the challenges of an evolving industry and the needs of all of our stakeholders. This role is critical to help enable PGS to continue adapting how it delivers on its Fundamental Value Proposition of quality/compliance, cost/cash/value and supply reliability noting compromising on quality / compliance / safety is not an option.
This role will provide strategic guidance to the assigned operating units and or regions and collaborate with leaders across PGS, and with the various function across Pfizer such as commercial strategy teams, tax and other corporate functions.This role will also have direct line leadership responsibility and is accountable for developing a robust data analytics platform to continue to enable decision support analysis.
- Leads and develops required data analytics platform to ensure utilization of data in support of the strategy development organization. This function has responsibility for enhancing data capability and working collaboratively with key partners across the organization on integrating business analytics in support of business priorities.
- Assigns, support and enables through prioritization the allocation of resource to support team priorities and strategic initiatives.
- Lead the development of the overall PGS strategy process for assigned operating unit functions, such as API, SOD, LMS, Bios and others as defined and aligned with operating unite leadership teams including the development and deployment of robust process for strategy development
* Lead the assessment of competitive intelligence as input into the overall strategy for assigned technology area.* Lead the communication strategy to assist and support PGS Leaders in communicating the PGS strategy in a meaningful way to the colleagues in their organizations
* Lead the strategic network studies to deliver key elements of a supply network strategy transformation that will provide an integrated and overarching supply network portfolio view* Partner with Strategy Execution to ensure seamless transition of strategic projects* Leads a variety of strategic projects including but not limited to defining strategies in line with the specificity and the complexity of overall initiatives and provide PMO expertise* Lead, develop as appropriate governance process to ensure robust strategy development processes.* Instill a culture of ownership, leadership and management excellence. Keep a high level of engagement through open communication/dialog and empowerment
* Ensure alignment and partnership with critical PGS enabling function such as external supply operations, engineering, technology functions and others within PGS
* Partner with key PGS functions in aligning and defining customer facing responsibilities such as PPM.
Bachelor's degree is required, advanced technical or business degree is preferred.* Candidates should have at least 15 years of experience in the Pharma Industry and/or years of related experience in manufacturing or supply operations. Experience in Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Center support including experience leading cross functional teams is strongly preferred.
* Have demonstrated organizational leadership responsibility (5-10 years) with proven track record in organizational management
* The ideal candidate will have broad experience both in site operations and network operations and be experienced in one or multiple operating unit functions
* Broad strategic and analytical capabilities ( e.g. strategic planning, innovation and organizational transformation)
* Strong presence and ability to drive groups, including senior audiences to conclusion
* Strategic / industry knowledge: understands trends in healthcare and pharmaceuticals; aware of strategies among pharmaceutical competitors and healthcare customers; understands business objectives of Pfizer and its customers; anticipates impact of developments in science and industry that may influence Pfizer products; uses knowledge to develop strategies and quantify positioning, risks and opportunities associated with business ideas* Research & analytics: selects from range of analytic methods to design analysis appropriate to each project; competitive intelligence research skills; experience conducting valuations; incorporates customer and market intelligence into strategy* Strong understanding of the commercial business, demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with senior leaders internally as well as externally and deliver on commitments* Demonstrated ability to lead strategic initiatives that impact business results* Demonstrated ability to lead transformational change and find creative solutions* Ability to influence and achieve alignment internally within PGS and support functions * Demonstrated Ability to build and manage complex multi-disciplinary project's teams* Demonstrated ability to deliver on commitments and balance competing priorities to rapidly deliver high quality results in a dynamic environment* Strong leadership and management skills; team player / thought leader who is able to motivate people in matrix relationships to enable new solutions
* Lead discussions and alignment with senior management and key stakeholders to confirm project sponsorship and support to agreed strategies and report progress, achievements, significant issues and risks the strategy team at internal and external meetings and strategy review presentations/overviews as appropriate
* Represent the strategy team at internal and external meetings and strategy review presentations/overviews as appropriate
* Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation communication skills in English* Ability to travel 30-40% of working time.
Last Date to Apply for Job: August 18th
This job is Pfizer Exempt US/PR Grade 18
Additional Location Information: NY, Peapack, Lake Forest or remote-based
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
EEO & Employment Eligibility:
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.