Flashpoint Senior Data Engineer in New York, New York
At Flashpoint, we deliver Business Risk Intelligence (BRI) to empower business functions across the enterprise to make better decisions and mitigate risk. Our unique Deep & Dark Web data, expertise, and technology enable our customers to glean intelligence that informs risk and protects their ability to operate. Fortune 500 and government customers utilize our data and intelligence in diverse ways, including bolstering cybersecurity, confronting fraud, detecting insider threats, enhancing physical security, assessing M&A opportunities, and addressing vendor risk and supply chain integrity.
We’re going to need people like you to help develop our cutting edge data analysis and delivery platform. There’s a tremendous amount of work for us on the road ahead, and we’re moving at ludicrous speed, so we’re looking for a comrade in arms to jump in and join our team trailblazing the Deep & Dark Web.
Below is more about the role we have in mind.
Roles and Responsibilities
● Help Build and Maintain our Data Infrastructure
● Manage our Data Infrastructure in terms of deployments, permissions, etc.
● Write Tools to Automate data processes
● Create Maintainable scalable code to address data needs
● Mentor other engineers on integrating with the data platform
● Design, construct, install, test, and maintain data management systems
Required Qualifications and Experience
● Experience with Big Data infrastructure and Cloud Platforms
● Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals from data structures and algorithms to highlevel design patterns
● Excellent analytical, problem solving and technical skills
● Strong proficiency in Python
● Comfortable working with Java or Scala
● Demonstrated ability to learn and leverage new technologies
● Database Administration
● Experience with Data Marts, Data Lakes, and Data Warehouses
● Experience working with Queuing Systems and stream processing patterns
● Experience with Schema Systems and Data Modeling
● Basic understanding of privacy and security
Nice to Haves
● Google Cloud Platform (particularly BigQuery, Dataflow, Dataproc, etc...)
● Spark, Hive, and/or Hadoop Experience
● Experience working with data science teams
● Experience with automating infrastructure using leading cloud providers
● Graph Databases and Graph Algorithms
● Knowledge Engineering
● Realtime API services for driving datadriven use cases.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, ability, and role responsibilities. Additional perks include medical, dental, and vision coverage, commuter benefits, a well-stocked kitchen, beer Fridays, and company outings.