Macy's Senior Analyst, Vendor Collections in New York, New York
Job Overview: *
The Senior Analyst – Vendor Collections is responsible for developing and administrating all departmental, corporate and external audit programs to test internal controls and SOX compliance in Marketing Finance -Vendor Collections. Additional responsibilities include supervision of clerical, financial analysis and forecasting, overseeing co-op budget preparation and co-op performance vs plan, development and implementation of process improvement initiatives and performance of other duties as assigned.
This position is located in New York City.
Essential Functions: *
• Develop and administer departmental, corporate and external audit programs including performance testing and SOX compliance • Prepare audit results documentation • Complete seasonal planning process including Target development, plan input and performance to plan analysis • Interact with Marketing Directors and Buyers • Prepare monthly, seasonal and annual analysis reports to track Audit Activity • Assist with expense forecasting and month end closing processes as needed • Oversee ad space measurement by Vendor process including updating of excel control files and data integrity checking and reconciliation • Monitor, train and nurture staff to achieve optimal productivity, meet team objectives and enhance developmental opportunities • Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, plus 1-3 years related experience in a finance role
Communication Skills: *
• Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Mathematical Skills: *
• Must have above average mathematical skills, including the ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages, and the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
Reasoning Ability: *
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. • Must be able to balance multiple priorities in a challenging, fast-paced environment with the ability to rebalance or redirect course when required to meet deadlines and targets. •Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Physical Demands: *
• This position involves extended periods of sitting and the extensive use of computer and the office equipment. • May involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. • Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
Other Skills: *
• Advanced Excel skills • Detail oriented and organized • Ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast paced, challenging environment. • A strong team player with proven ability to break down barriers; persistent, tenacious
Work Hours: *
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York- NY
Req ID: COR03443