Adidas America, Inc. Seasonal Consumer Experience Specialist - 5th Avenue Global Flagship in New York, New York
As a Consumer Experience Specialist, your role is to help ensure a premium experience for the consumer by providing unique services throughout the Global Brand Flagship store.
- Provide up to date and relevant information to the customer regarding:
- The facilities and customer experience elements of the store
- Sports and other relevant activities in the city
- Current and upcoming events and activations both in store and in the city
- Execute day-to-day operations of Consumer Experience Services (as applicable and assigned per store) including but not limited to:
- Nutrition Bar
- 3rd Party Paper Goods (books and other literature)
- Home Kiosk
- Test & Create Areas
- Lounge Areas
- Visitor Kiosk
- Be aware of store sales and KPI targets, as well as individual performance targets, take ownership over them and use all available store resources to meet or exceed them
- Execute the adidas customer service model: Connect, Engage, Inspire, to meet or exceed customers' expectations
- Be a Brand Ambassador, consistently exhibiting the Brand attitude and values
- Use seasonal Brand and product knowledge effectively during sales interactions
- Be consistently aware of new product launches and schedules for arrival at the flagship store.
- Communicate product features and benefits and unique selling points clearly to address customers' needs and strengthen their connection to the Brand
- Adhere to all established policies and procedures
- Execute and maintain established Visual Merchandising and In-Store Communication standards
- Process merchandise deliveries quickly and effectively, and constantly replenish merchandising fixtures to ensure the store's entire product offer is represented on the sales floor
- Complete cash register transactions quickly and accurately
- Minimize loss in both the stockroom and the sales floor
- Perform all store operations in a safe, effective and efficient manner
- Collaborate productively and respectfully with team members
- Complete all applicable training programs and effectively apply the learning on the job
- Seek coaching and learning opportunities from leadership to continually improve your performance
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience:
- Demonstrate eagerness and motivation to learn and interact with customers
- Demonstrates the ability to follow directives from both adidas Group and external suppliers
- Has a background in sports or is actively participating in a sport/team activity
- Has a strong sense of service and desire to help others
- Has a background in retail sales and/or in a customer service facing role.
- Able to apply customer service principles to day-to-day interactions
- Able to collaborate with team members on daily operational tasks
- Demonstrates and can apply product and seasonal learnings
- Aware of events and surroundings and able to apply the knowledge to daily interactions
- Aware of 3rd party learning and training materials and demonstrates competency
- Flexibility to work various consumer experience areas
- Has local knowledge of sporting events and city sporting events and is able to use as unique selling points for products and services
- While performing the duties of this job, you are regularly required to talk or hear. You are frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. You are occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
- You must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Three to six month's experience working in a sports/fashion customer & commercial focused retail environment.
- Basic numeracy, literacy, and verbal communication skills.
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Experience at a service or concierge desk preferred
- Bilingual in in French, German, Mandarin, and/or Cantonese preferred
adidas participates in E-Verify. For more information, click here. (link below)
We are intensely proud of the progress we’ve made creating a diverse and inclusive culture at the adidas Group. But there is always more work to be done. Our goal is an adidas Group where every single person feels welcome. We believe in equality for all, regardless of race, age, abilities, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity or religion. We hold ourselves to the same high standard for all our workplaces around the world, without exception.