New York City Department of Education School Computer Technology Specialist L1 (04M146) in New York, New York
Candidates who have taken the most recently held School Computer Technology Specialist Civil Service examination are strongly preferred.
Position Summary:Provides necessary instruction, training and resources in order to facilitate the use of technology for curriculum, instruction and assessment within the classroom which will increase teacher and student use and knowledge about technology. Performs related work.
Key Relationships: Instructional staff
- Provide input in the development of school-wide programs that enables students to use technology as learning tools.
- Provides instructional support to facilitate the use of technology within the classroom and school setting.
- Provides training to teachers in the use of current technology to meet curriculum goals.
- Evaluates the performance of hardware and software and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Assists with staff development opportunities that support the use of technology for instruction.
- Maintains and utilizes current knowledge of technology and instructional practices that relate to the use of technology.
- Provides resource information related to new techniques and practices that relate to the use of technology and that enable students to use technology as a learning tool.
- A four‐year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State’s department of education or a recognized accrediting organization and one year of satisfactory full‐time experience in computer maintenance or repair, mainframe, server and/or mini computer operations, software or technical support; or
- Education and/or experience equivalent to “1” above. However, all candidates must have a four‐year high school diploma or its educational equivalent. Education above the high school level may be substituted for experience described in “1” above at a rate of 30 semester credits from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by 6 semester credits in mainframe, server and/or mini computer operations or a computer related field of study, for six months of experience. Graduation from an approved technical school with at least 450 hours in a specialization in mainframe, server or mini computer operations or a certified technical training program in computer maintenance and repair may be substituted for up to three months of the experience described in “1” above.
- A four-year college degree with specific courses focused on instructional technology is strongly preferred.
- Experience in a school setting providing technology support and maintenance of technology.
Salary: $38,160 +
(Internal candidates who are selected for this position and who currently hold comparable or less senior positions within the DOE will not make less than their current salary.)
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application.
Applications will be accepted through September 25, 2017.
NOTE: The filling of all positions is subject to budget availability and/or grant funding.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. Inquiries regarding compliance with this equal opportunity policy may be directed to: Office of Equal Opportunity, 65 Court Street, Room 1102, Brooklyn, New York 11201, or visit the OEO website at http://schools.nyc.gov/OEO
Tracking Code: 12675
Job Location: New York, New York, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
New Posting: Yes