Brink's, Incorporated Route Supervisor - JFK in new york, New York
Brink’s Global Services is a division of Brink’s Inc, the world’s premier provider of secure logistics and security solutions in more than 122 countries across 5 continents. Brink’s Global Services specializes in the secure transportation and handling of valuable goods throughout the logistic value chain, from raw materials and components to finished products within the mining, banknote, precious metal, jewellery, security, art and pharmaceutical industries The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for a Route Supervisor at our JFK Airport location in Springfield Gardens NY.
Under the overall direction of the General Manager JFK Airport and Operations Manager - JFK Airport, ensures efficient, safe and secure flow of shipments in/out of the JFK Airport BGS location to the U.S. thus assuming direc t responsibility over Drivers, Messengers and when necessary other support personnel engaged in the secured shipping of customer liability to and from designated destinations. The Route Supervisor closely works with, Branch Management, Dispatchers, Airport Coordinators/Supervisors, and other support departments both domestically and internationally supporting the streamlining of operational processes. This position operates in an armed environment and must also ensure that all operational processes and actions taken by the staff are within acceptable and required security/safety guidelines. This position must be able to work flexible hours, including weekends, and to perform field visits/travel as needed and those that hold this role must be able to operate in an armed environment and be entrusted to ensure the enforcement of rules to protect the premises and property of Brink's and its customers and in armored vehicles in transit, as well as the safety of persons on the premises of Brink's.
* Responsible for the movement of high value shipments to and from the Brinks Global Network of branches through JFK Airport while interacting with all levels of BGS employees, vendors, customers and Brink’s corporate representatives.
* In partnership with the Operations Managers, General Manager and HR leadership ensures adequate staffing and resources are available to meet business needs so that all Operations conform to regulations, policies and procedures set for by Brinks, the airlines, state and federal agencies.
* Manages at the direction of the Operations Manager all Operational functions including Gateway Operation, Import/Export support, vaulting of Domestic / International Gateway shipments and Customer Service. In general will act as the number three leader at the branch and will serve as the primary leader when the General Manager/Branch Manager and Operations Manager is not av ailable/not on site.
* Hires, schedules, trains and develops staff. Manages performance, discipline and motivation of staff to achieve business objectives in partnership with the Operations and General Manager.
* Manages inbound and outbound operations within assigned gateway area.
* Develops and enforces Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for all operational activities both domestic and international to include safety, security and front line day to day operational procedures
* Support all internal customers to include but not limited to Diamond & Jewelry and Commodity Sales/Storage, Import, Exports, Brokerage and Domestic and Commodities CSR’s.
* Manages the development and revising procedures for new and existing work to maximize profitability. Monitor employee productivity and recommend improvement.
* Work with the Sales team to review operations and compliance with Company procedures
* Work with Supervisors and IT staff on JFK BITS related issues to ensure compliance
* Implement, enforce, and monitor safety and security policies in service delivery to ensure a safe and secure work environment
* Evaluate the suitability of crew members to perform their duties, including equipment, training, appearance, and effectiveness
* Manage field inspection program by directing the work of the armored vehicle crews, inspecting and reviewing field operations, making recommendations such as areas needing improvements and recommending disciplinary action as necessary
* Perform other duties as assigned by the Operations and General Manager.
* Minimum of three (3) years experience as a courier/guard/driver or transferrable external air freight forwarding/logistics or internal Brinks related experience
* Minimum of 6 months exper ience as team leader or supervisor in route logistics or similar industry
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including but not limited to Excel, Word, PowerPoint and where possible internal Brink’s proprietary/commercial business software packages (i.e. BITS, Garcia etc.)
* Must be minimum of twenty one (21) years of age
* A current & valid driver’s license
* Satisfy all applicable Department of Transportation requirements
* A valid weapons permit or ability to pass applicable weapons licensing requirements
* A valid guard card or ability to obtain a guard card or any other required licenses
* Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
* Overtime, including weekends may be required; must have flexibility in working a wide range of hours. Must be able to perform driver and or messenger duties as necessary.
* Demonstrated ex perience in Route Logistics or similar field in positions of increasing responsibility.
* Strong business acumen and the ability to influence and develop strong working relationships within a global organization.
* Strong knowledge of logistical operations, products, services, policies, and procedures, in addition to a familiarity with the customers and the industries serviced.
* Track record of driving collaboration and maintaining open communications with both internal teams and external/internal customers.
* Experience developing successful teams and talent
* Knowledge of Customs Regulations
* A current & valid class B driver’s license
* Experience in the Air Transportation or Armored car industry
* Associate’s degree in Business Administration,
* Proven business acumen and business perspective
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
* Excellent understanding of Global logistics and Customs
* Excellent decision-making and analytical skills
* Strategist and “Doer” - possessing a good balance of conceptual/strategic thinking with tactical execution
* Professional, positive demeanor
* Excellent customer service skills
* High level of integrity where personal and professional values are aligned with the company’s mission, vision and leadership framework.
* Self-aware and self-motivated - comfortable operating with minimal direction and will thrive in a dynamic environment as a leader influencing change and transformation.
* Responsive performance driven
* Ability to forge strong relationships and work collaboratively within the local operations and global network and regional business setting.
* Aptitude to gain credibility with di rect reports and colleagues as well as external customers.
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with Brink’s Global Services. Brink’s provides an outstanding total compensation package for this position. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer to eligible employee’s medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans. We also offer a 401(k) Plan with company match. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
Brink’s, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, and is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, stat us as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.