The Jewish Board Residential Direct Care Worker in New York, New York
OVERVIEW: The Residential Direct Care Worker works in a residential setting servicing an adult and children population impacted by family violence.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to:
* Responsible for daily care of the program’s clients including supervision of personal hygiene, social guidance, use of leisure time.
* Establish and work with clients on mastering independent living goals.
* Develop, supervise and run activity sessions.
* Accompany clients on trips and outings and supervise activities.
* May be called upon to work one on one with a client who is displaying significant stress.
* Monitor the clients to ensure that any necessary, prescribed medications are taken appropriately.
* Ensure that the residents understand the rules and regulations of the facility in which they are house d and assist them in meeting them.
* Monitor clients for use of controlled substances, may be called upon to monitor urine testing procedures.
* Ensures that security is maintained within the program.
* Shares their experience and observation of the clients under their care with the treatment team and immediately brings to the attention of the supervisor any unusual issues.
* Other duties as assigned.
Minimum educational level of a High School Diploma. Minimum work experience of two years' regular in-house experience working within a residential treatment program.