Mergermarket US Ltd Relationship Manager - Latin America in New York, New York
As a Relationship Manager based out of Debtwire’s New York office, you will serve as the primary liaison between the company and our Latin American subscribers. The RM team regularly engages with subscribers, both in-person and over the phone, to ensure they are conversant and satisfied with our products. You will be directly responsible for managing relationships with existing Debtwire subscribers located throughout Central & South America as well as a portion of our subscriber base in New York City.
As the main point of contact for a wide range of subscribers with differing needs, a RM must maintain a strong understanding of our products and services, possess superior communication skills and a personable demeanor, and be able to develop creative solutions to assist subscribers with requests and issues.
You will manage an existing subscriber base and work to ensure subscribers are satisfied with our products and renew their subscriptions by:
- Providing in-depth training and guidance to your subscriber base through one-on-one meetings, large scale presentations, telephone calls, and webinars
- Developing and cultivating key relationships with a variety of subscribers at each account, including C-suite executives, senior management, market research professionals, and end-users
- Travelling frequently to Central & South America to connect with subscribers in-person and collect feedback, conduct training, and nurture lasting relationships
- Forming a channel with internal research and editorial teams to communicate subscriber feedback and enhance our products to reflect subscriber requests and suggestions
- Identifying new revenue streams and working strategically with the sales team to grow accounts through uplift and cross-product selling
A very strong candidate will have the following attributes:
- Fluency in Portuguese and Spanish REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree required, Finance or Economics majors preferred
- 2-5 years previous account management and/or customer relations experience
- A keen interest in financial markets
- Outgoing, energetic personality
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Self-driven to achieve high level of success
The annual total compensation for this role is $50,000-$70,000.
Debtwire is a subscription-based financial news service that provides market-critical, proprietary intelligence and analysis on distressed debt, leveraged finance, and restructuring situations. Our subscribers include top investment banks, hedge funds, asset management firms, law firms, and accounting firms.
Debtwire is owned by The Mergermarket Group, a leading financial news provider comprised of eighteen separate product lines. The Mergermarket Group’s products and services provide the global advisory, financial, investment, and corporate communities with forward-looking intelligence and analysis that enables them to spot new business opportunities, increase their revenues, and keep several steps ahead of the competition.
The Mergermarket Group has regional head offices in London, New York, and Hong Kong with over 1,000 total staff members in 65 locations worldwide.