Ameriprise Financial Regional Director- Experienced Advisor Recruiting(9104BR) in New York, New York
Represent the Ameriprise Franchise Group (AFG) and/or Ameriprise Advisor Group (AAG) to all channels of distribution with the goal of recruiting quality new advisors into the firm. Travel throughout their territory building relationships with advisors at competing firms who may be open to considering a change in affiliation and is accountable for overall regional recruiting results.
The Regional Director, Business Development is a corporate employee based in field offices within a region. The employee will represent the Ameriprise Franchise platform of services to all channels of distribution with the goal of recruiting quality new advisors into the firm. The Regional Director will travel throughout their territory building relationships with advisors at competing firms who may be open to considering a change in affiliation and is accountable for overall regional recruiting results. Northeast division includes: New York metro area.
- Manage advisor recruiting pipeline by leveraging team resources, implementing best practices and activity. Maintain accurate and timely candidate records in recruiting contact management system and report accurately on results. Communicate advisor recruiting status and results effectively to internal and external audiences. Answer advisor questions and resolve issues as needed.
- Communicate Ameriprise value proposition through brokerage knowledge and expertise effectively to prospective advisors. (i.e., overcome objections, provide clarifying information, etc.). Evaluate advisor practices to ensure portability of assets and compliance with company hiring standards.
- Create a consistent, high volume flow of qualified candidates through various sources including referrals from online tools, networking with local wholesalers in the region, and firm marketing/advertising through industry publications. Build centers of influence to promote advisor referral opportunities with existing franchise advisors and other field staff to develop local recruiting sources.
- Build and maintain strong partnerships between corporate partners, field leaders and advisors to achieve recruiting goals aligned with business strategies. Set expectations with advisors and field leaders around recruiting process. Extensive phone work is instrumental to success in the role.
- Demonstrate and maintain a strong fundamental knowledge or products, process and capabilities for broker dealer. Maintain current industry competitive intelligence, benchmarking and analysis.
Required knowledge and work experience recruiting in financial services industry. Ability to implement change while driving results and accountability.
- Demonstrated strong organization and project management skills and has ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Outstanding relationship management, negotiation, and collaborating/influencing skills in dealing with all levels in verbal and written forms.
- Demonstrated ability to assess readiness and to coach and develop others. Strong analytical skills and detail orientation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Commitment to diversity and sensitivity to differences among people. Able to work independently.
About Our Company
With the right company, life can be brilliant. At Ameriprise, we're not just in the business of managing our clients' finances - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential, too. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You'll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise Financial.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We request Priority Protected Veteran & Disabled Referrals for all of our locations within the state.