JPMorgan Chase Rates Application Support Specialist in New York, New York
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With nearly $20 trillion of assets under custody, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Who we are
The Rates Production Management team is responsible for the reliability and resiliency of the Rates application stack. Our team interacts directly with Front Office traders and our partners in Application Development and Global Infrastructure teams. The Rates business relies heavily on our software for eTrading with clients, meeting the lending demands of governments and for all other aspects for their business. Our team is in the thick of it, ensuring the trading platforms are available, that any downtime is swiftly remediated and that we avoid repeat failures. We also focus on automation and tooling, to eliminate unnecessary manual effort and to enhance our monitoring capabilities.
It’s an incredible time for our industry and specifically the Rates business, the eTrading revolution continues and will be at the forefront of it. You will be focused on:
• Owning the relationship between Front Office and technology
• Providing first-line support for mission-critical eTrading (including algorithmic trading), pricing, intraday risk and PnL applications
• Developing specialist knowledge in relevant systems, sharing that knowledge with team members and global partners
• Liaising with application development and infrastructure teams targeting on-going development, production activity and release management
• Ownership of major production incidents, working closely with other technology teams in order to resolve business-impacting issues
• Pro-actively improving the quality of systems and service, and increase business value
• Upholding and championing bank and Production Management policies, procedures and standards
• Managing projects through to completion, adhering to project-management best-practices
• Bringing a DevOps mind-set to the entire software development life cycle, building, evolving and operating rapidly-changing resilient systems at scale
Who are we hiring?
We are looking for an outstanding Production Support Engineer with experience working in a fast paced, high pressured environment, ideally within financial services or a large-scale technology firm.
• You have experiencing working within eTrading, Pricing or Risk functions
• You understand the incredibly demanding nature of the trade floor, or you are eager to experience it
• You have a thirst for knowledge and want to expand your technical and business knowledge
• You have experience working with a variety of platforms, including UNIX/Linux
• You understand networking technologies and have an interest in low latency trading
• You are capable of writing SQL queries and understand how relational databases work
• You can script/automate or have a development background
• You can manage demanding clients constantly evolving needs
• You can think quickly and logically under pressure, understand and fix problems in a fact-paced environment
• You understand the principles of ITIL and can use them to effectively protect and govern our production environment
Candidate would be expected to:
Act as regional escalation for all day-to-day issues impacting the plant
Create, drive and manage KPIs and real-time monitoring dashboards to ensure optimal system performance
Proactively identify areas for stability improvement in the software/hardware stack as well as operational processes
Ensure quality management of incidents and proactive follow-ups to issues
Engage and collaborate with a diverseset of stakeholders and partners – external vendors, internalapplication development and support teams, infrastructure teams , andbusiness stakeholders to name a few
Help drive platform evolution – leverage past experience in KDB or similar large scale data capture / analysis tools
Manage the on-boarding of new applications/functions to the platform
Ensure resiliency of the platform through managed DR/SR/HA events.
Identify and partner with development staff to eliminate single points of failure in the environment
Collaborate with teams distributed globally, including a 24x5.5 team located in India
Candidate should be familiar with ITILsupport methodologies and concepts (Change, Incident, Problem, Event,Configuration management etc) and have a proven track record ofachieving the above in prior roles
The Ideal candidate would have experience working in a production support/devOps capacity for 1+ years Tech skills:
Perl/Unix Shell Scripting
SQL skills - Sybase, MS-SQL and Oracle
Monitoring software - Geneos, Splunk, APM
Familiarity with basic networking concepts TCP/ FTP
KDB+ database experience (or similar ‘big data’ analysis tool) a significant plus
Past development roles / skills a significant plus - in particular Python or Java programming
Past experience in Java a plus Soft Skills:
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Problem solving skills - natural inclination towards problem resolution
Self-driven & proactive
Customer Service Orientation - buildpositive working relationships with customers at all times providingrealistic information and managing their expectations
Problem solving - Ability to understand complex component/system/service interactions and look for causes and provide solutions.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.