Bank of America Python Developer in New York, New York
Strong technical developer with 5-10 years of development experience. Python and financial experience required. Central Funding Desk (CFD), derivatives, or Structured Notes experience desirable.
• The ability to effectively communicate within a multi-disciplined team, across multiple locations and time zones, and to interact with demanding business users.
• A flexible, hardworking and "can do" attitude; comfortable working in a fast paced environment with frequent release cycles and rapidly changing priorities.
• Seasoned in C/C++, Python and/or Java.
• Experience architecting/designing end-to-end application flows.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Work in Global Markets and/or Risk Management.
• Strong understanding of regulatory rules and applications.
• Exposure to Agile methodologies.
The candidate should be a self-starter who enjoys programming, can work as part of a global team and who has successfully delivered significant enterprise-scale projects to end-users previously.
• Strong Python experience in a development facility like SecDB or Athena.
• Exposure to Front and Middle Office functions and controls.
• IR and FX derivatives experience a plus.
• Structured Notes experience a plus.
• Strong communication skills a must.
Responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining applications in the Global Markets environment. Software developers design, code, test, debug and document programs as well as support activities for the corporate systems architecture. Employees work closely with business partners in defining requirements for system applications. Employees are expected to have in-depth capital markets product knowledge, and manage a high level of risk. Employees typically have in-depth knowledge of development tools and languages. Is clearly recognized as a content expert by peers. Individual contributor role. Typically requires 5-7 years of applicable experience. This job code is only to be used for associates supporting Global Markets.
Posting Date : 08/10/2017
Location : US-NY-New York
Travel : No
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.