TRC Companies Project Engineer (Energy Efficiency) in New York, New York
TRC Energy Services, a TRC Company, is seeking a qualified individual to support commercial, institutional and residential energy efficiency and clean energy programs in its New York, NY office. Projects and responsibilities will include energy auditing, engineering technical reviews, field inspections, energy efficiency consulting, and general energy efficiency program and project implementation support. Candidates must possess strong technical capabilities including knowledge of building systems, energy efficiency, green buildings and sustainability, and field experience. The Project Engineer will work collaboratively with the TRC Energy Services team to provide engineering support and implement market transformation programs that encourage energy efficiency across the Northeast.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinating and managing energy efficiency and clean energy projects;
- Completing fieldwork, analysis, and report production using standard resources and templates and custom tool development;
- Performing and reviewing engineering calculations and assumptions to predict or measure benefits from whole building energy efficiency projects;
- Developing energy audit reports to estimate project savings, verifying project cost-effectiveness, and estimating potential incentive payments;
- Performing and reviewing energy engineering studies, including energy audits, feasibility studies, commissioning, retro-commissioning, measurement & verification, and others, related to both program implementation and turnkey projects;
- Conducting site visits to verify installation and operation of baseline and replacement energy using equipment;
- Assisting in the development and/or implementation of technical protocols, quality assurance procedures and technical requirements for energy efficiency programs;
- Writing and reviewing proposals; and
Communicating with contractors, customers and program administrators regarding the status of projects and program requirements.
Bachelors or Master's degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, or Energy). Other engineering disciplines will be considered;
- 1-3 years of experience within the energy efficiency, building sciences, or related field (required);
- Strong working knowledge spreadsheet-based energy analysis techniques;
- Knowledge of building systems, HVAC, energy efficiency technologies, green building and high performance design;
- Knowledge of energy efficiency programs and implementation or related environmental programs;
- Professional experience displaying a strong interest in sustainability and green building;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; and
- Team-oriented, hands-on, highly skilled, adaptive, and client-focused professional attitude.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
New York, NY - Broadway - NYC1