The Aspen Institute, Inc. Program Associate-BSP in New York, New York
|Location:||New York, NY|
The Aspen Institute
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C. Its mission is to foster leadership based on enduring values and to provide a nonpartisan venue for dealing with critical issues. The Institute has campuses in Aspen, Colorado and on the Wye River of Maryland's Eastern Shore. It also maintains offices in New York City and has an international network of partners.
About the Aspen Institute Business & Society Program
The Aspen Institute is a nonpartisan forum for values-based leadership and the exchange of ideas. The Aspen Institute Business and Society Program, founded in 1998, works with business executives and scholars to align business decisions and investments with the long-term health of society-and the planet. Through carefully designed networks, working groups and focused dialogue, the Program identifies and inspires thought leaders and "intrapreneurs" to challenge conventional ideas about capitalism and markets, to test new measures of business success and to connect classroom theory and business practice.
The Aspen Institute First Movers Fellowship is the leading global network and professional development program for corporate social intrapreneurs. A class of Fellows is selected each year through a rigorous selection process.
The Aspen Institute Leaders Forum is an invitation-only community for senior sustainability strategists.
The Aspen Institute Business and Society Program (Aspen BSP) is seeking a full-time Program Associate to support its signature leadership development programs: The First Movers Fellowship and the Leaders Forum. The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to support program design and delivery, to communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders, and to handle a heavy and often time-sensitive workload without dropping the ball.
The Program Associate works closely with senior management to design and deliver the First Movers and Leaders Forum programs. Capable of working effectively in both program design and day-to-day program execution, the right candidate will bring enthusiasm, a team-orientation and equal parts left- and right-brain to the role.
This is a demanding assignment. The successful candidate will demonstrate a capacity to learn multiple responsibilities quickly and demonstrate immediate value to Aspen BSP program teams. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to engage with exceptional business innovators who are working at the frontier of corporate social innovation.
The Program Associate is based in New York City and reports to the Associate Director; he or she is responsible for the following:
Relationship management and recruitment
- Participate actively in the design and execution of the First Movers recruitment strategy; lead candidate tracking, candidate communication, and application and acceptance processes
- Maintain the Leaders Forum participant database, monitor industry representation in the Forum, and help build Forum membership
- Coordinate outreach to First Mover Fellows and Leaders Forum members to ensure high-levels of engagement
- Prepare and track invoices for both programs
Event and project management
- Assist with crafting the agendas for events
- Manage outreach to speakers and facilitators
- Design and prepare event materials and post-event reports
- Oversee all logistics for the seminars, conferences and Leaders Forum retreats, and other events as required, including managing communication with venues and contracted services
Report/materials design and preparation
- Synthesize findings from evaluation surveys and present these findings in an accessible format
- Participate in events/seminars/calls, take notes, synthesize findings for participants and other audiences
- Lead or assist in the design and production of new promotional materials
- Participate in strategic design sessions for our leadership programs to determine and monitor goals for individual events and the programs overall
- Assist with curriculum development and refinement for First Movers' seminars and Leaders Forum convenings
- Prepare and help manage program budgets
- Perform primary and secondary research on companies and topics related to recruitment and content development
- As a member of the Aspen BSP team, the program Associate may be asked to take on similar responsibilities for other Aspen BSP programs throughout the year, as required
We're seeking candidates who can operate at both strategic and tactical levels. An ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years of experience providing program management support
- Relentless attention to detail
- Demonstrated excellence in project management
- Demonstrated relationship management skills and ability to engage with a variety of internal and external constituencies, including high-level executives
- Ability to balance taking initiative and working collaboratively
- Ability to work on multiple, time-sensitive projects (with multiple supervisors) in a rapidly-changing environment
- Evidence of strong communication skills. (Finalist candidates will be asked to provide writing samples.)
- Past experience studying or working at the intersection of business and social/environmental issues
- Design savvy - in particular, demonstrated ability to produce reports (skills in Adobe suite are a plus)
- Familiarity with digital tools (such as Constant Contact, Wordpress, Concur, CRMs, Google Suite, SurveyMonkey, Wufoo, Event Brite, etc.) is a definite plus
The Aspen Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all District and federal laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.