Marsh & McLennan Cos Portfolio Manager - Private Equity, Mergers & Acquisitions (PEMA) in New York, New York
The Private Equity, Mergers & Acquisitions (PEMA) Portfolio Manager strategically manages complex accounts and is assigned to at least one global private equity client with revenues in the range of $5mm to $10mm and 20 to 40 portfolio companies generating 5 to 10 new business opportunities a year. Collaborates with PEMA Senior Relationship Officers and local Client Executives on new and existing portfolio accounts. Responsible for developing and maintaining client satisfaction and achieving revenue growth goals at both the private equity and portfolio company level.
* Assists in driving collaboration across practices, geographies and MMC companies
* Leads client/prospect appointments
* Schedules and lead pre-renewal meetings for major portfolio companies
* Provides input in discussion of Client Service Agreements. Works with local field CE's on the development and finalization of Agreements
* Establishes and maintains private equity client open list items
* Responds to day-to-day requests directed at the SRO
* Identifies and execute cross-selling opportunities with existing portfolio companies and new business opportunities within the private equity firms portfolio
* Analyzes client/prospect research and industry issues and identifies opportunities for delivering Marsh/MMC solutions
* Achieves personal client retention and revenue growth goals
* Monitors the revenue, profitability and timely billing
* Assists in Pricing of Service and fee negotiation
* Leads client service team; coaches and develops team members
* Leads the service team by setting goals, monitoring progress, assuring service meets or exceeds client expectations, and protecting the firm from Errors & Omissions (E&O)
* Drives toward building identified Client Development competencies for self
* Develops and maintains a fluency in MMC/Marsh's service offerings
* Assists the SRO and/or local CE in implementing action plans, monitoring progress, assuring service meets or exceeds client expectations and protecting the firm from Errors & Omissions
* Communicates regularly with clients and service team members. Monitors feedback through surveys and ongoing dialogue
* Acts as project manager for specific service team's work and renewals, as directed by the SRO
* Utilizes available tools and technology to improve personal and team productivity
* Has at least ten years of commercial insurance experience
* Possesses highly developed insurance brokerage account management, servicing and sales skills
* Possesses advanced knowledge of client risk issues and solutions
* Possesses strong problem solving skills
* Is a strong leader and viewed as a mentor by staff
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unm atched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.