PIMCO Portfolio Manager, Municipals in New York, New York
PIMCO is seeking an investment professional to join the Municipal Portfolio Management team which oversees 40 billion in municipal AUM for the firm
* Execute trades and orders for portfolios.
* Demonstrated ability to generate ideas and strategies that enhance portfolio returns and mitigate risk.
* Manage relationships with sell-side traders and the Wall Street community as to achieve the best execution and drive investment performance.
* Study the developments in the marketplace and be able to effectively communicate the technical issues that affect the purchase and sale of securities.
* Create and implement successful investment ideas, and takes the lead in advocating investment ideas to specialist and generalist PMs.
* Quantify fair market values within sectors and identify opportunities based on firms needs.
* Manage one-off analytics projects that seek to improve the muni team investment process.
* Strong academic credentials required - qualified candidates must possess a Bachelor s degree from an accredited institution. A Masters Master s degree with a preferred major in Business Finance, Economics, or other technical area is preferred.
* Possession of the CFA Charter or progress toward the CFA designation/program is strongly preferred.
* Five (5) or more years of related experience. Must have in-depth knowledge of fixed income investments with emphasis with municipal bonds and related regulatory compliance.
* Must have a good understanding of various portfolio theories, staying current on new portfolio management techniques and maintaining a familiarity with technical analytical tools and valuation programs.
* Expert in Bloomberg, Excel, knowledge of Bond Desk, Trade Web, Night Bond Point, and TMC.
In addition to displaying a strong commitment to PIMCO s culture, values and approach, personal characteristics for this role include:
* A keen intellect and strong quantitative skills, demonstrated through an ability to simultaneously recognize inter-related market opportunities and develop strategies for capturing those opportunities.
* Have outstanding communication and relationship building skills. Must clearly articulate strategies to internal and external clients. Must be persuasive and credible.
* Must have the ability to make decisions, use independent judgment, anticipate client needs, and establish priorities.
* Have a strong sense of integrity, thus behaving consistently with expressed values and ethical principles and following through on commitments.
* Have a collegial work style, sense of humor, and a thick skin.
* Maintain strength of convictions, combined with low ego needs.
* Possess the ability to remain calm and objective in periods of excessive optimism or extreme pessimism.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Employer's Job# 16350
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.