The Jewish Board Performance Improvement Coordinator in New York, New York
Under the direction of the Quality Improvement Manager, the Performance Improvement Coordinator is responsible for supporting the agency’s performance management and measurement practices, including project implementation and training of regulatory/oversight deliverables, collaborating with programs in evaluation of practice and outcomes, and developing systems and training staff for improved practice and quality improvement activities/initiatives.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
* Supports agency’s performance measurement and improvement practices through collaborative work with programs, including facilitating division and program-level use of tools that measure service delivery quality and client outcomes, supporting performance and quality improvement projects, and collaborating with programs to develop processes to address needed corrective actions
* Supports the agency’ s incident management practices, including managing the electronic incident reporting system, providing agency-wide training around incident reporting and review practices, conducting investigations and case reviews after adverse events and leading incident analysis discussions with programs as needed; assists with the agency’s Incident Review Committee(s)
* Coordinates the completion of regulatory mandated projects and supports the use of regulatory systems, organizing training activities as needed
* Participates in Quality Improvement projects, including agency-wide case record reviews, client satisfaction surveys, program evaluations and accreditation activities
* Supports executive administration, including the Corporate Compliance Officer, Chief of Clinical and Medical Services and Corporate Counsel, in relevant projects
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE:
* Participates in Quality Improvement projects in collaboratio n with training and quality outcomes staff to support agency-wide best practice initiatives
* Participates in other quality management and quality improvement activities
* Other relevant tasks, as assigned
EDUCATIONAL / TRAINING REQUIRED:
* BA preferred with background, experience in related field (i.e. Nursing, CASAC, Public Health, Public Administration, Social Work)
* Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills, ability to engage staff at all levels of responsibility
* Superb project management and organizational skill along with an ability to work independently is necessary
* Excellent writing, presentation, listening and problem solving skills
* Experience in a not-for-profit or social service setting
COMPUTER SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Strong computer skills, Proficient in Word, Excel
* Ability to artic ulate the Agency’s philosophy, mission and goals to a varied audience.
* Ability to interact with Board Members, Executive and Senior Leadership, Program Leadership, Program Staff, Recipients of Service and their family members.
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures for a wide audience.
* Ability to lead ad-hoc task forces and meetings, which may include all levels of management and employees.
* Ability to effectively present information
* Ability to recognize the need for confidentiality of information and to maintain such confidences.
VISUAL AND MANUAL DEXIERITY:
* Regularly required to speak clearly and hear the spoken word well.
* Regularly required to physically operate routine office equipment such as telephones, computers, etc.
* Regularly required to travel to sites in and outside the Agency using customary modes of public or private transportation.
* Reg ularly required to utilize near vision ability to read data and documents, including spreadsheets and reports, in printed form and on computer screens.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL EFFORT
* Noise level is consistent with levels usually present in an office, education, rehabilitation, industrial, workshop or health related environment.
* Hazards present are consistent with those common to an office, education, rehabilitation, industrial, workshop or health related environment.