AlixPartners, LLP Office Assistant, New York in New York, New York
Office Assistant, New York
In this role on AlixPartners' Corporate Services team, you will provide support by assisting with the daily operations and organization of the office. The ideal candidate will be a hard-working professional who is able to manage a variety of office support tasks and work diligently in an organized and efficient manner.
The Office Assistant is a full-time role located in New York, New York, reporting to the Director of Office Management and Facilities - Americas and Asia. Paid relocation is not available for this position.
This role is expected to be at the Paraprofessional level, internally.Key Responsibilities:
- Organize and maintain office supply and snack supply inventories for the New York Office.
- Distribute and organize incoming/outgoing US and International Mail, Express Mail and Interoffice Mail. Distribute morning newspapers.
- Maintain Kitchen, Conference rooms, hoteling offices and related areas. Responsibilities include:
- Perform kitchen cleaning, maintain kitchen supply inventory, stock shelves, refrigerators, make coffee and empty/fill dishwashers
- Set up conference rooms for meetings, including catering and post-meeting clean up
- Light maintenance and housekeeping duties within the office such as spot cleaning carpet, changing light bulbs and lifting small to medium size boxes, etc.
- Perform back up duties for receptionist/switchboard.
- Other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in an office environment highly preferred
- Strong organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail are essential; must have good time management skills and an ability to prioritize
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills required, with an ability to deal effectively and professionally with internal and external customers at all levels
- Strong problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to handle the pressure of dealing with multiple priorities
- Ability to be discreet and handle confidential, sensitive information
- Ability to lift 15 pounds
- Must be flexible and adaptable when procedures change or urgent situations arise
- Must have the ability to work full time; flexibility to work overtime, as needed, and be able to work in an office environment.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a competitive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
AlixPartners is a global firm of senior business and consulting professionals that specializes in improving corporate financial and operational performance, executing corporate turnarounds and providing litigation consulting and forensic accounting services when it really matters - in urgent, high-impact situations. More information is available at www.alixpartners.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, (age), status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Bronze award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.